Subject: [Coin] I-D Action: draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 06:07:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Computing in the Network Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Use Cases for In-Network Computing
        Authors         : Ike Kunze
                          Klaus Wehrle
                          Dirk Trossen
	Filename        : draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2020-11-02

Abstract:
   Computing in the Network (COIN) comes with the prospect of deploying
   functionality on networking devices, such as switches and network
   interface cards.  While such functionality can be beneficial in
   several contexts, it has to be carefully placed into the context of
   the general Internet communication.  This document discusses some use
   cases to demonstrate how real applications can benefit from COIN and
   to showcase essential requirements that have to be fulfilled by COIN
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ike Kunze <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 14:28:33 +0000

Hi all,

as discussed on the list, we have opened up our draft on industrial use cases for general COIN use cases.
More specifically, we have adjusted the structure so that new use cases, such as those stemming from the appcentres draft, can be easily added to the draft (these are in fact already indicated in the draft, but have not yet been moved).
Please let us know if you would like to contribute additional use cases!

@Chairs: I would like to request a slot at IETF-109 to present our plans for the draft and to give the RG an opportunity to discuss or propose potential new use cases.
Thanks.

Best,
Ike
--
Ike Kunze, M.Sc.
Researcher, Ph.D. Student

COMSYS - Communication and Distributed Systems
RWTH Aachen University
Ahornstr. 55
52074 Aachen, Germany
Tel: +49 241 80-21422
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
http://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/team/ike-kunze/

On 2. Nov 2020, at 15:07, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> wrote:

Abstract:

--
Coin mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/coin

---

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 06:40:49 -0800

Thanks!

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
[email-masked]

On November 2, 2020 at 9:29:24 AM, Ike Kunze (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Hi all,

as discussed on the list, we have opened up our draft on * industrial* use
cases for general COIN use cases.
More specifically, we have adjusted the structure so that new use cases,
such as those stemming from the appcentres draft, can be easily added to
the draft (these are in fact already indicated in the draft, but have not
yet been moved).
Please let us know if you would like to contribute additional use cases!

@Chairs: I would like to request a slot at IETF-109 to present our plans
for the draft and to give the RG an opportunity to discuss or propose
potential new use cases.
Thanks.

Best,
Ike

COMSYS - Communication and Distributed Systems
RWTH Aachen University
Ahornstr. 55
52074 Aachen, Germany
Tel: +49 241 80-21422
[email-masked]
http://www.comsys.rwth-aachen.de/team/ike-kunze/

On 2. Nov 2020, at 15:07, [email-masked] wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Computing in the Network Research Group RG
of the IRTF.

Abstract: