Subject: [Coin] COINRG “call for presentations” - Interim meeting and IETF 110

From: Marie-Jose Montpetit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 07:38:06 -0800

Hi list:

We intend to change the format of the COINRG meetings for the next 2
meetings to highlight the “R” in COINRG. We intend to focus exclusively on
the COIN research and take a step back from draft presentations.

Hence this email is to solicit research presentations for the upcoming COIN
 interim (February) and IETF 110 (March).

We are not asking for original papers per se (though we would welcome
them). But there has been a flurry of research papers written for many
workshops, conferences, and journals in the COIN field. Many of these
interesting papers were presented by some of you and we would like to have
the COIN community hear about them! We are also looking for short 2-page
“position papers” not an IETF draft, on topics of interest to you and the
community.  (in ACM format - see:
https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template for Word and LaTeX
templates)

We will establish a small committee to help us decide on the paper
presentations based on topics and quality. We will upload all contributions
to the COINRG wiki and git ahead of the meetings if possible.

So for the next couple of meetings, we propose the following topics:

*Interim (Tentative: Feb. 10 2021 - 10am EST):* Research on architectures
and technologies for in-network computing and enablers (on-network) that
could include new topics like coin-enhanced routing or even satellite
network onboard processing.

*IETF 110 (Mar 2021 - time/date TBD): *Research on applications and use
cases as there is a ton of this from 5G to IoT and from AR/VR to autonomous
systems.

We intend to have maybe 5-6 presentations of about 10 minutes followed by
5-10 minutes time for questions and discussion. Pre-recorded video
presentations are welcome too (especially if you already have them from an
online conference) as long as one author is on hand for the questions.

We especially welcome graduate student contributions! And we hope that our
industrial RG members will provide the feedback on the research from an
implementer point of view, which is often missing in academic conferences.
While we will not have "Proceedings”, we are considering a SIGCOMM CCR
style contribution to report on the meetings.

Of course draft authors are encouraged to continue developing their I-Ds,
but we want to push draft updates and discussions to the list and use the
meetings to encourage exchanges about the research itself.

Happy Holidays and be safe!

J/E/M

Marie-José Montpetit, Ph.D.
[email-masked]