Subject: [Coin] CALL FOR PAPERS : Special Issue on “AI Drives Our Future Life” (Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing)

From: RuJun Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 13:09:13 +0800

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing
Special Issue on “AI Drives Our Future Life”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*SUMMARY*

While “Artificial Intelligence” (AI) becomes the mainstream of application
techniques breakthrough, its impacts to our future life is unprecedented.
AI becomes increasingly important for understanding complex data and
offering intelligent processing to foster innovative business applications,
self-driving cars, voice recognition, drug design, and new medical
applications in the future. Recently, new technologies with explainable AI,
such as federated learning, meta-learning, active learning, multi-task
learning, inductive graph learning, transfer learning, and ensemble
learning, have emerged and attracted considerable interests from both
academic and industrial communities. Meanwhile, the rising prominence of AI
has dramatically transformed a variety of domains. For intelligent wireless
networks, due to privacy constraints and limited communication resources,
distributed multi-agent reinforcement learning and federated learning are
employed to solve complex convex and nonconvex optimization problems and
collaboratively learn shared prediction models for user clustering,
resource management, and interference alignment. For smart automatic
driving, robust deep learning models that are capable to avoid adversarial
examples are developed to analyze world state representations and behavior
models, as well as forecast and control the car trajectory according to
various sensors (e.g., cameras, HD maps, inertial measurement units, wheel
encoders, LiDAR).

Moreover, for immersive VR and AR, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
have been widely adopted to address scene segmentation, depth estimation,
realistic 3D modeling, image fusion, whereas effective gaze estimation and
prediction algorithms are designed to reduce the computation time for
immersive view rendering. For health and digitized education, AI is also
the cornerstone to infer indicators of disease activities for early
detection of emerging outbreaks, and to facilitate knowledge tracing for
online courses. To support the above applications, domain-specific software
and hardware co-design in DNN accelerators is crucial to boost the
performance and energy efficiency for various computation and
memory-intensive tasks, making these models usable on smaller devices at
the edge of the Internet. Researchers and practitioners are jointly
devoting efforts to develop solutions for related problems using various AI
methods. Therefore, this special issue aims to bring together recent
advances in AI for

various domains to share new findings among the community and bridge the
gaps between research and practice.

*SCOPE*

The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

● Artificial Intelligence Learning Theory and Statistics

● AI for Healthcare and Bioinformatics

● Artificial Intelligence on Education

● AIoT Applications

● AR/VR and Human Computer Interaction

● Autonomous Driving

● Algorithms and Computation Theory with AI

● Big Data Systems and Analysis

● Image Processing, Computer Graphics, and Multimedia Technologies

● Intelligent Network

● Intelligent Manufacturing

● Web Intelligence and Social Network

● Cyber Security

● Computer Architecture, Embedded Systems, SoC, and VLSI/EDA to support AI

● Parallel, Distributed, and Cloud/Edge Computing for AI

*SUBMISSION PROCEDURE*

All manuscripts must be prepared and submitted following to the submission
guidelines of Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing that
can be accessed at
https://www.springer.com/journal/12652/submission-guidelines?IFA. Submission
of a manuscript implies that the work described has not been published
before, and that it is not under consideration for publication anywhere
else. All submitted papers will go through the same review process as the
regular Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing paper
submissions. Referees will consider originality, significance, technical
soundness, clarity of exposition, and relevance to the special issue topics
above.

*IMPORTANT DATES*

Manuscript submission: June 30, 2021

First Decision: September 15, 2021

First Revision Submission: October 15, 2021

Second Revision Submission: October 30, 2021

Final Decision: November 10, 2021

*GUEST EDITORS*

Pau-Choo (Julia) Chung National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan

Gary G. Yen Oklahoma State University, USA

De-Nian Yang Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan

Meng-Hsun Tsai National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan