Subject: [Coin] SOSR 2021

From: "Y. Richard Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 16:23:39 -0400

Dear members of COIN RG,

The ongoing work at coinrg is highly relevent to SOSR, the premier
conference on programmable networking. As TPC co-chairs of SOSR 2021, we
want to invite you to submit your papers to SOSR 2021. All ACM sponsored
conferences will be virtual this year and SOSR 2021 will be held virtual on
Sept. 13-14, 2021. The submission deadline is May 28, 2021.

Please see below for the CFP. It will be wonderful if you can help us to
distribute the CFP broadly. Please feel free to get in touch if you have
questions.

Thanks,
Y. Richard Yang (Yale) and Ying Zhang (Facebook)

======== Call for Papers - SOSR 2021 ========

More than 10 years have now elapsed since the beginning of Software-Defined
Networking (SDN). Over the course of a decade, SDN has fueled incredible
innovation in virtually all networking areas, and is now deployed in a
growing number of production and experimental settings, including data
centers, enterprise networks, content providers, and Internet Service
Providers.

At its core, SDN is all about making programming networks as easy as
programming computers. Through programming interfaces and programmable
substrates, SDN enables specifying and provisioning network-wide forwarding
behaviors, as well as adapting how the network hardware itself forwards
traffic. SDN has enabled more flexible and predictable network control,
made it easier to extend the network with new functionality, and made it
possible to verify the correctness of networking behaviors.

The ACM SIGCOMM Symposium on SDN Research (SOSR) is the premiere venue for
research publications on SDN, building on past years' successful SOSR and
HotSDN (Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking) workshops. This year
SOSR will be fully virtual on September 13 & 14, 2021.

==== Submission Instructions ====
We invite researchers and practitioners to submit both long and short
previously unpublished papers, choosing the length appropriate to the level
of completeness and detail in the work. We invite papers on SDN in
particular and SDx in general. We invite both traditional research papers
and Experience and Challenge papers. We also welcome papers that present
surveys of SDN concepts, techniques, and standards; technical overviews of
larger research projects, production systems, and use cases; and
open-source benchmark suites or measurement data for evaluating SDN systems.

Submissions must be original, unpublished work, and not under consideration
at another conference or journal. Submitted short papers should be no
longer than six (6) pages, and long papers no longer than twelve (12)
pages, including all material except references. SOSR '21 is double-blind,
meaning that authors should make a good faith effort to anonymize papers.
Papers should be submitted electronically via the submission site (
https://sosr21.hotcrp.com).

Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library. We stress
that the publication of short papers at SOSR does not preclude the later
publication of a full-length version of the paper at a conference or in a
journal. Authors of accepted papers are expected to present their papers at
the symposium and will have the opportunity to present a poster/demo at an
interactive session. Please direct any submission-related questions to
[email-masked]. Please direct any technical suggestions to the TPC
co-chairs ([email-masked], [email-masked]).

==== Important Dates ====
Paper submission: May 28, 2021 (AoE)
Notification    : July 25, 2021
Camera-ready due: August 15, 2021
Fully Virtual Conference: September 13 & 14, 2021