Subject: [Coin] Call for Paper --- 3rd Workshop on Hot Topics in Video Analytics and Intelligent Edges (HotEdgeVideo’21)

From: Junchen Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 11:00:00 -0500

*[Deadline in a week!]*

Important dates:

Date: *October 25, 2021*
Location: *Virtual* (in conjunction with *ACM MobiCom 2021*)
Paper Submissions Deadline: *May 21, 2021*
Submission Site: https://hotedgevideo21.hotcrp.com/

In conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2021, we’re organizing the Third Workshop
on Hot Topics in Video Analytics and Intelligent Edges *HotEdgeVideo’21*!
Paper submissions due May 21, 2021 (in 12 days) for a workshop date of
October 25, 2021.

“We are all living in the golden era of AI that is being fueled by
game-changing systemic infrastructure advancements. Among numerous
applications, video analytics in particular, has shown tremendous potential
to impact science and society due to breakthroughs in machine learning,
copious training data, and pervasive deployment of video capture devices.
Analyzing live video streams is arguably the most challenging of domains
for “systems-for-AI”. Unlike text or numeric processing, video analytics
require higher bandwidth, consume considerable compute cycles for
processing, necessitate richer query semantics, and demand tighter security
& privacy guarantees. Video analytics has a symbiotic relationship with
edge compute infrastructure. Edge computing makes compute resources
available closer to the data sources (e.g., cameras and smartphones). All
aspects of video analytics call to be designed “green-field”, from vision
algorithms, to the systems processing stack and networking links, and
hybrid edge-cloud infrastructure. Such a holistic design will enable the
democratization of live video analytics such that any organization with
cameras can obtain value from video analytics.”

Topics of interest

   - Low-cost video analytics
   - Deployment experience with large array of cameras
   - Storage of video data and metadata
   - Interactive querying of video streams
   - Network design for video streams
   - Hybrid cloud architectures for video processing
   - Scheduling for multi-tenant video processing
   - Training of vision neural networks
   - Edge-based processor architectures for video processing
   - Energy-efficient system design for video analytics
   - Intelligent camera designs
   - Vehicular and drone-based video analytics
   - Tools and datasets for video analytics systems
   - Novel vision applications
   - Video analytics for social good
   - Secure processing of video analytics
   - Privacy-preserving techniques for video processing
   - Emerging forms of immersive video streams, e.g., 360-degree or
   volumetric video

Please find more details here: http://aka.ms/hotedgevideo21