Subject: [Coin] Call for Participation – IEEE NetSoft 2021 (Virtual and Online Conference)

From: Kohei Shiomoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 09:44:45 +0900

Apologies for cross-posting*
*

*-----------------------------
*

*Call for Participation – IEEE NetSoft 2021 (Virtual and Online Conference)*
Registration site: https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/registration/
<https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/registration/>.

*IEEE NetSoft 2021 will take place in the whole week of June 28 - July
2*. Themed “*Accelerating Network Softwarization in the Cognitive Age*”,
IEEE NetSoft 2021 includes *a high-quality technical program* presenting
cutting-edge research on various challenges in network softwarization.
Topics include programmable data plane, network slicing, machine
learning, security, network monitoring and management, application and
quality of service, network function virtualization and cloud,
software-defined networking, routing and scheduling, and network
services, among others.Other program *highlights* include the following:

  * */5 Keynotes
    /**(**https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/program/keynotes/*
    <https://netsoft2020.ieee-netsoft.org/program/keynotes/>*):*

      o /Developing B5G/6G Communication Systems: Opportunities and
        Challenges/, by*Dr. Hideyuki Tokuda*(President /, NICT, / Japan)
      o /Robotron: Top-down network management at scale/, by*Dr. Ying
        Zhang* (Software Engineering Manager/, Facebook/, USA)
      o /NTT R&D’s Challenge Beyond 5G : IOWN/, by*Mr. Yoshikatsu
        Okazaki* (Vice President and Head, /NTT Network Service Systems
        Laboratories/, Japan)//
      o /Transformation of Transport Networks through Softwarizations/,
        by*Mr. Luis Miguel Contreras Murillo* (Technology Expert at
        Global CTIO unit, /Telefonica/, Spain)
      o /Edge Intelligence for B5G/6G and IoT/, by*Prof. Ai-Chun Pang
        *(Professor, /National Taiwan University/, Taiwan)

  * A *Distinguished Expert* *Panel* with the theme “*Edge Computing
    towards Beyond 5G / 6G Era: Frontiers, Challenges, and Platforms*”,
    that gathers prominent experts from the industry.     
  * 1*demo session* showcasing*6 demos* on new ideas and hot topics in
    network softwarization.

In conjunction with the main IEEE NetSoft 2021 conference, *5 tutorials
*are organized (https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/program/tutorials/
<https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/program/tutorials/>):

  * */Computing in Communication Networks: The Road Ahead /*
  * */Practical Challenges in Applying AI to Zero-Touch Network Automation/*
  * */Fast Cloud Native Data-Plane/*
  * */Decentralized Blockchain-based Telecommunication Services
    Marketplaces/*
  * */SD‐WAN: How to Shift the Network Control from Core to Edge/*

In conjunction with the main IEEE NetSoft 2021 conference, *5
international workshops *are organized
(https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/program/workshops/
<https://netsoft2021.ieee-netsoft.org/program/workshops/>):

  * 1st Workshop on Theory and Practice of Programmable Forwarding:
    *TaPoPF 2021*
  * 4th Workshop on Advances in Slicing for Softwarized Infrastructures:
    *S4SI 2021*
  * 3rd International Workshop on Cyber-Security Threats, Trust and
    Privacy: *SecSoft 2021*
  * 2nd Workshop on Network Softwarization Techniques for IoT: *SoftIoT
    2021*
  * 1^st Workshop on Intent-based Networking: *WIN 2021*

Further details on the conference are available at
*http://ieee-netsoft.org/* <http://ieee-netsoft.org/>
We are looking forward to virtually meeting with you soon at the online
conference IEEE NetSoft 2021!

***Kohei Shiomoto*/and/*Young-Tak Kim*
/General Co-Chairs, /IEEE NetSoft 2021
***Christian Esteve Rothenberg*, *Barbara Martini*, /and/***Eiji Oki***
/TPC Co-Chairs, /IEEE NetSoft 2021