Subject: [Coin] [CFP] IEEE GLOBECOM22 - Social Networks

From: RuJun Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 11:18:25 +0800

IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2022)

4–8 December 2022

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Selected Areas in Communications－Social Networks

Symposium Co-Chairs

      Neeli R. Prasad, TrustedMobi “VehicleAvatar Inc.”, USA,
[email-masked]

Scope and Motivation

    Recently, social network research has advanced rapidly with the
prevalence of online social applications and mobile social communications
systems. Moreover, the ongoing pandemic via contact social networks has
caused tremendous human life and economic loss around the world, and
infodemic is one of the major social impacts that make people difficult to
discriminate trustworthy sources, from false and manipulative information
sources.

Therefore, researchers are increasingly interested in addressing a wide
spectrum of challenges in social networks, such as developing social-aware
algorithms for communications systems, identifying the topological common
structures and information/influence flows, analyzing the social media and
evolutions of social graphs, and exploiting location-based and contextual
information embedded in mobile social networks to create innovative
applications. Due to the interdisciplinary nature, social networks have
also attracted intensive research interests across multiple disciplines,
including artificial intelligence, blockchain, big data analytics,
information security and privacy protection, psychology, and marketing. In
light of the above crucial needs, Selected Areas in Communication Symposium
in Social Networks will serve as a forum for researchers and technologists
to discuss the state-of-the-art, present their contributions, and set
future directions in social networks.

Topics of Interest

      The Social Networks SAC seeks original contributions in the following
topical areas, plus others that are not explicitly listed but are closely
related:

   - Infrastructure, platform, protocol design, and optimization for mobile
   social networks, mobile social clouds, and social Internet-of-Things with
   Artificial Intelligence
   - Social-aware network solutions and social network influence on
   (wireless) communications systems
   - Cross-layer design for social networks and the underlying
   communications and network platforms, and subsequent new design paradigm
   for future (wireless) communications
   - Network graph modeling, measurements, simulations, and experiments
   - Analysis of dynamics and control of belief, influence, and rumor
   propagations in the evolutions of social networks
   - Data mining, machine learning, information retrieval, signal
   processing, and artificial intelligence in social media and social contexts
   - Trusted networking, privacy and security, user behaviors and dynamics,
   and digital right management, for big data in social networks
   - Innovative social network applications and services to mobile
   Internet, multimedia networks, mobile-commerce, cyber-physical systems, and
   their potential social, economic, and cultural impacts
   - Multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research on social networks

Important Dates

   - Paper Submission: 15 April 2022
   - Notification: 25 July 2022
   - Camera Ready and Registration: 1 September 2022

How to Submit a Paper

     All papers for technical symposia should be submitted via EDAS. Full
instructions on how to submit papers are provided on the IEEE Globecom 2022
website: https://globecom2022.ieee-globecom.org/