Subject: [companions] IETF Companions T-Shirt - Rate the Designs!

From: Amy Vezza <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:00:44 -0500

Hello IETF Companions!

The design period for the 2014 IETF Companions T-shirt has closed, and we are ready for your input!  Crowdspring designers submitted a total of five designs (three are extremely similar) and they are ready for your rating. Please note we can work with the designer to make small changes  -- color, language, logo or other small tweaks -- to whatever design is selected by the group. 

We found the Crowdspring voting site to be less than intuitive, so we've prepared some instructions on how to rate the t-shirt designs:

Please click on the link provided below.  It will take you to the Crowdspring Web site.  Take a careful look at all five designs (as noted above, three are very similar with only subtle differences).  To zoom in on a design, mouse over it and click on the blue bar over the image that says "click here to keep zoom open."  If the image is off center in your window browser, or you can't see both sides, once you've clicked to keep the window open, you can click and drag the image so you can see the full design.  Please feel free to rate the designs (click on the stars to choose your rating) as well as leave comments in the comment box.  You can use the comment box to indicate what changes you might like to see if this design is selected, and you may also leave a name if you wish before saving your ratings (you may even make one up if you choose to remain anonymous!).

http://crowdspring.co/1dEElAN

And remember, once the favorite design is chosen, we can work with the designer to edit or change subtle things.  For instance, we will already request that "Hawaii" be changed to "Honolulu" if applicable.

Please email me directly at [email-masked] if you have any trouble with the Crowdspring Web site and entering ratings or comments.

Best regards,

Amy

---

From: Kathy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:39:43 -0800

Thank you very much Amy!  Will someone help me with the difference between
#s 3 & 4 ?
Kathy

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM, Amy Vezza <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello IETF Companions!
>
> The design period for the 2014 IETF Companions T-shirt has closed, and we
> are ready for your input!  Crowdspring designers submitted a total of five
> designs (three are extremely similar) and they are ready for your rating.
> Please note we can work with the designer to make small changes  -- color,
> language, logo or other small tweaks -- to whatever design is selected by
> the group.
>
> We found the Crowdspring voting site to be less than intuitive, so we've
> prepared some instructions on how to rate the t-shirt designs:
>
> Please click on the link provided below.  It will take you to the
> Crowdspring Web site.  Take a careful look at all five designs (as noted
> above, three are very similar with only subtle differences).  To zoom in on
> a design, mouse over it and click on the blue bar over the image that says
> "click here to keep zoom open."  If the image is off center in your window
> browser, or you can't see both sides, once you've clicked to keep the
> window open, you can click and drag the image so you can see the full
> design.  Please feel free to rate the designs (click on the stars to choose
> your rating) as well as leave comments in the comment box.  You can use the
> comment box to indicate what changes you might like to see if this design
> is selected, and you may also leave a name if you wish before saving your
> ratings (you may even make one up if you choose to remain anonymous!).
>
> And remember, once the favorite design is chosen, we can work with the
> designer to edit or change subtle things.  For instance, we will already
> request that "Hawaii" be changed to "Honolulu" if applicable.
>
> Please email me directly at [email-masked] if you have any trouble with
> the Crowdspring Web site and entering ratings or comments.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Amy
>
> _______________________________________________
> companions mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/companions
>
>

-- 
Kathy

---

From: "ietfdbh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:49:34 -0500

Hi,

I'm not a companion, but rather a companion's companion ;-)

I have a concern .

Except for #1, these shirts are labeled the "IETF World Tour" without any
mention of Companions.

But this is the companions' t-shirt. 

The IETF participants also get a Tshirt.

Will the IETF have an issue with this usage?

I'm sure that there will of course be some discussion, just as cookies have
been discussed endlessly in the past.

I don't want the companions program to get any flak over the design.

While I'm not voting because I'm not a companion, I will say this.

I very much like the design of #5.

Is there anything on the back?

Does it come in my size?

David Harrington

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

+1-603-828-1401

From: companions [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kathy
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:40 PM
To: Amy Vezza
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [companions] IETF Companions T-Shirt - Rate the Designs!

Kathy 

Hello IETF Companions!

Please click on the link provided below.  It will take you to the
Crowdspring Web site.  Take a careful look at all five designs (as noted
above, three are very similar with only subtle differences).  To zoom in on
a design, mouse over it and click on the blue bar over the image that says
"click here to keep zoom open."  If the image is off center in your window
browser, or you can't see both sides, once you've clicked to keep the window
open, you can click and drag the image so you can see the full design.
Please feel free to rate the designs (click on the stars to choose your
rating) as well as leave comments in the comment box.  You can use the
comment box to indicate what changes you might like to see if this design is
selected, and you may also leave a name if you wish before saving your
ratings (you may even make one up if you choose to remain anonymous!).

Please email me directly at [email-masked] if you have any trouble with the
Crowdspring Web site and entering ratings or comments.

Best regards,

Amy

 

-- 
Kathy

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:57:19 -0800

Hi David,

Inline:

On Feb 13, 2014, at 3:49 PM, ietfdbh wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a concern …
> Except for #1, these shirts are labeled the “IETF World Tour” without any mention of Companions.

That is one of the things that we imagined correcting with the tweaking of the final design. It will be simple enough to add "companions" to any design that is selected.

> Will the IETF have an issue with this usage?

I don't know that the IETF would have an issue, but it does seem like the shirt should reference the Companions since that's the intent of having a specific shirt. Also, while this is not included in any of the sample designs, the Companions should not have a problem using the official IETF logo if they so desire, as a part of the design.
> Does it come in my size?

Whichever design is selected, the idea is that the t-shirts will be made available for purchase on a site such as Zazzle or Cafepress. So, the shirt should be available in any size desired. And, who knows, the design may even be available on coffee mugs or some other item.

-Alexa

> [email-masked]
> Thank you very much Amy!  Will someone help me with the difference between #s 3 & 4 ?  
> Kathy 
>  
> 

----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>