Subject: Comments on draft-ietf-conneg-media-features-02.txt

From: [email-masked] (Koen Holtman)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:28:58 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Larry,

Overall, I quite like the new draft, and I think you did a great job
of converting everything to the registration template format.  A few
nitpicks though.

Section 2.2: 

dpi values are supposed to be 'rational'. You give the example
dpi=19558/100 which is a fraction.  I an quite surprised by this
because I thought that rational meant 'floating point', as in
dpi=195.58 .  I guess maybe this is more of a registration draft
problem.

Section 2.5:

Delete the n/a entries, like in the other sections.

Section 3:

In the examples you use notation like 'pix-x<=1024'.  I believe the
strange symbol <= here is a remnant of an earlier TCN syntax.  Current
TCN does not use that syntax anymore.  In any case I think that using
plain = in the examples makes them work much better as examples.

The example paper-size=iso-a4 does not conform to the current
definition of the paper-size tag, it should be paper-size=A4.

General:

I would prefer it if a 'textonly' tag were added, for two reasons:

 - I think that 'textonly' is an important tag for lynx-user and 
   disabilities access reasons
 - It would add a boolean tag and thus make the draft more valuable
   as a style guide.

(textonly=true would mean that the recipient is not capable of
rendering graphics content, either inlined in HTML or self-contained)

Koen.