Subject: Working Group Last call draft-ietf-conneg-media-features-02.txt

From: [email-masked] (Ted Hardie)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 14:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

Looking over the mailing list comments on this draft, I see two issues:

RATIONAL

Is the method by which rationals are expressed correct in this draft?

and

TEXTONLY

Should this draft include a "textonly" tag?

I believe that consensus has been reached that TEXTONLY needs to
be dealt with in a seperate registration document.

RATIONAL was on my plate to research, and I find that the only two
IETF documents which refer to rational numbers are RFCs relating
to TIFF (RFC1314.txt and RFC2301.txt), and they use rational in the
manner which this draft does.  My sense from the IANA is that this
usage is fine, provided we use it consistently.

I agree with Koen that rational needs an example or other clarification
in the registration draft, and I will see that this amendment gets made
as part of the "last call" comments on that draft.

Since those two actions clear up the identified questions about this
draft, I would like to bring it to last call within the working group.
Please forward comments or questions about this draft no later than
October 22, 1998.

		best regards,
			Ted Hardie
			Chair