Subject: Color-depth

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:46:26 +0000

A small proposal:

I propose that the proposed tag 'color-depth' be named 'color-resolution',
since I believe this term more accurately captures the actual use of this
value (i.e. how finely can a particular colour be specified).

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])

---

From: Al Gilman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:48:57 -0500 (EST)

> I propose that the proposed tag 'color-depth' be named
> 'color-resolution', since I believe this term more accurately
> captures the actual use of this value (i.e. how finely can a
> particular colour be specified).

Please lose this proposal.

I did web-searches.  "Color depth" is widely used in the sense
intended here.  "Color resolution" is sparsely used, but it means
the dpi rating of a printer when printing color.

Al