Subject: Re: Lawsuit (this is unsolicited email).

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:34:02

Would you please be a  witness in the class action suit 
against www. syndicate?for details see HTTP://NewAmerica.org/
==============================================================
Yes,sending of unsolicited email is perfectly legal,but harassing 
people who are sending unsolicited email is illegal.Check the law 
at: HTTP://NewAmerica.org/
 
PS:You don’t need to request to be REMOVE.After this mailing, 
your email address will automatically be deleted from our list.
================================================================
Unfortunately you will always be receiving unsolicited email, 
because your ISP didn't inform you that you need to sign 
a "privacy agreement" which will prevent the ISP from publishing 
your email address,without your permission.By making  your address 
available to anyone who asks,ISP's are the one who are causing 
unsolicited email.(Telephone company is following the privacy law, 
by asking you if they can publish your phone number). 

The privacy law clearly states;that if you publish your address, 
anyone has the right to contact you, because the reason for 
publishing an address is,to be contacted by others,and email 
address/phone /fax must remain unlisted, until otherwise 
instructed by the user.
 
Can you stop unsolicited email? YES,IT IS VERY EASY.Contact your 
ISP and  make a request for a "privacy agreement" that how your 
email address will become unlisted.The bulk-emailer no longer will 
be able to find you. 
============================================================ 
An example of email sent to all Internet users,via the  NCAE  
(National Consumer Alert Email)when harassment takes place.  
This is an actual email sent on Monday August 9: 

On Sunday August 8,1999 - AOL shut down the account of Anthony  
Costanza  (from California),saying we have shut you down,because 
your friend is sending spam.Anthony asked "what does this have to 
do with me? which of my friends? please send me proof on paper, 
fax it to me? AOLs answer was "send us letter,and request the 
information" 

At this point Anthony has been prosecuted without a trial (guilty 
until proven innocent).Anthony lost all his business contacts 
which he accumulated over a three year period(while having an 
account with AOL)causing Anthony serious financial damages.   

How  can AOL get-away with committing crimes like these,by not 
obeying the "privacy law" and blame it on others.The results are 
frightening;thousands of small businesses destroyed and lives 
ruined.Are there other reasons that ISPs don't sign a "privacy 
agreement?" YES! THEY WANT TO CONTROL YOU!

AOL,is what you are doing THE American way?Guess what AOL,you have 
just joined the www. syndicate suit.This IS the American way!