Subject: [COSE] MAC n Cipher?

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 16:23:05 -0700

The sentence, "Implementations creating and validating MAC values MUST
validate that ..." shows up in a number of places that don't seem quite
right - like 10.1 AES GCM
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.1>, 10.2 AES
CCM, <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.2> 10.3
ChaCha20 and Poly1305
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.3>, and 12.2.1
AES Key Wrapping
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-12.2.1>. Is
this a copy/paste issue, or am I confused here?

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 08:36:18 +0900

That is a cut and paste that I did not alter when I changed from MACS to AEADs.

From: COSE [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brian Campbell
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 8:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [COSE] MAC n Cipher?

The sentence, "Implementations creating and validating MAC values MUST validate that ..." shows up in a number of places that don't seem quite right - like 10.1 AES GCM <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.1> , 10.2 AES CCM, <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.2>  10.3 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-10.3>   ChaCha20 and Poly1305, and 12.2.1 AES Key Wrapping <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-06#section-12.2.1> . Is this a copy/paste issue, or am I confused here?