Subject: [COSE] Early Code Point Assignments

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 07:51:15 -0700

Following the meeting in Montreal where I asked for the ability to do early
point assignment for documents in the working group and got permission,
these are the code points that I am assigning.   I am only assigning points
that I know people are asking for now, some points will be setup later.

For draft-ietf-cose-x509 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-x509):

Table COSE Header Parameters
https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml#header-parameters

Name		Value
x5bag               	32
x5chain		33
x5t		34
x5u		35

For draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs):

Table  COSE Algorithms
https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml#algorithms

Name		Value

SHA-1		-14
SHA-256/64	-15
SHA-256	-16
SHA-384	-43
SHA-512	-44
SHA-512/256	-17
SHAKE128	-18
SHAKE256	-45

Jim

---

From: DESPERRIER Jean-Marc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:55:43 +0000

Thanks a lot Jim !

How long do you expect for it to take until the IANA registry is updated with this ?
Will there be new drafts with just that change, or will it wait until more changes are incorporated in the drafts ?

Br,
Jean-Marc

-----Message d'origine-----
De : COSE <[email-masked]> De la part de Jim Schaad
Envoyé : lundi 29 juillet 2019 16:51
À : [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]; 'IANA' <[email-masked]>
Objet : [COSE] Early Code Point Assignments

Following the meeting in Montreal where I asked for the ability to do early point assignment for documents in the working group and got permission,
these are the code points that I am assigning.   I am only assigning points
that I know people are asking for now, some points will be setup later.

For draft-ietf-cose-x509 (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-x509__;!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW5xlqvW6$ ):

Table COSE Header Parameters
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml*header-parameters__;Iw!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhWzvsQNq0$ 

Name		Value
x5bag               	32
x5chain		33
x5t		34
x5u		35

For draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs__;!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW41rdV3W$ ):

Table  COSE Algorithms
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml*algorithms__;Iw!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW-CPXFvk$ 

Name		Value

SHA-1		-14
SHA-256/64	-15
SHA-256	-16
SHA-384	-43
SHA-512	-44
SHA-512/256	-17
SHAKE128	-18
SHAKE256	-45

Jim

_______________________________________________
COSE mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose__;!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW7sLk-TT$

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:27:24 -0700

I expect that it might take as long as week for the numbers to get into the
registry.  I will be rolling the numbers into the drafts either just before
or after the WGLC depending on what other feedback I get.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: COSE <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of DESPERRIER Jean-Marc
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2019 8:56 AM
To: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [COSE] Early Code Point Assignments

Thanks a lot Jim !

How long do you expect for it to take until the IANA registry is updated
with this ?
Will there be new drafts with just that change, or will it wait until more
changes are incorporated in the drafts ?

Br,
Jean-Marc

-----Message d'origine-----
De : COSE <[email-masked]> De la part de Jim Schaad Envoyé : lundi 29
juillet 2019 16:51 À : [email-masked] Cc : [email-masked]; 'IANA'
<[email-masked]> Objet : [COSE] Early Code Point Assignments

For draft-ietf-cose-x509
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-x50
9__;!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LF
H8jxhW5xlqvW6$ ):

Table COSE Header Parameters
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml
*header-parameters__;Iw!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG
6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhWzvsQNq0$ 

Name		Value
x5bag               	32
x5chain		33
x5t		34
x5u		35

For draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs
(https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-has
h-algs__;!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y
6o_LFH8jxhW41rdV3W$ ):

Table  COSE Algorithms
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.iana.org/assignments/cose/cose.xhtml
*algorithms__;Iw!U11cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9
UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW-CPXFvk$ 

Name		Value

SHA-1		-14
SHA-256/64	-15
SHA-256	-16
SHA-384	-43
SHA-512	-44
SHA-512/256	-17
SHAKE128	-18
SHAKE256	-45

Jim

_______________________________________________
COSE mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose__;!U1
1cABxz5NU!gJwmhNTLylLQEZXMb9CfEJJ-5C-6A3gazlI9OafG6C5RwG9UoYC41y6o_LFH8jxhW7
sLk-TT$ 

_______________________________________________
COSE mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose

---

From: "Sabrina Tanamal via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 15:51:50 +0000

Hi Jim, all, 

Before we can make RFC 7120 early allocations for the registrations listed below, we need approval from a chair and an AD. 

Because these are Standards Action with Expert Review registries, we'll have to ask the designated experts for approval as well. 

Best regards, 

Sabrina Tanamal
Senior IANA Services Specialist

---

From: "Matthew A. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 10:30:04 -0600

As a Chair, I approve of this early assignment.

- m&m

Matthew A. Miller

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 19:15:14 -0500

As AD, I approve of the request (but defer to the Experts for what range
from which to assign the values).

-Ben