Subject: [COSE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-03.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Hash Algorithms) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 08:26:20 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
WG (cose) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR Object Signing and
Encryption (COSE): Hash Algorithms'
  <draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-05-26. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) syntax
   [I-D.ietf-cose-rfc8152bis-struct] does not define any direct methods
   for using hash algorithms.  There are however circumstances where
   hash algorithms are used: Indirect signatures where the hash of one
   or more contents are signed.  X.509 certificate or other object
   identification by the use of a fingerprint.  This document defines a
   set of hash algorithms that are identified by COSE Algorithm
   Identifiers.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-hash-algs/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.