Subject: [COSE] Last Call: <draft-ietf-cose-x509-08.txt> (CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE): Header parameters for carrying and referencing X.509 certificates) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 12:53:11 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
WG (cose) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR Object Signing and
Encryption (COSE): Header parameters for
   carrying and referencing X.509 certificates'
  <draft-ietf-cose-x509-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

This document went through Last Call in September as an Informational
document.  During IESG evaluation, and in discussion with the working
group, it was decided to recast it as Proposed Standard.  The IESG is,
therefore, doing a second last call so that the community can weigh in
on the change to Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-12-29. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The CBOR Signing And Encrypted Message (COSE) structure uses
   references to keys in general.  For some algorithms, additional
   properties are defined which carry parameters relating to keys as
   needed.  The COSE Key structure is used for transporting keys outside
   of COSE messages.  This document extends the way that keys can be
   identified and transported by providing attributes that refer to or
   contain X.509 certificates.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cose-x509/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.