Subject: [COSE] COSE X509 x5t hash algorithm identifier

From: Brian Sipos <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:01:41 -0500

All,
While attempting to use the same kind of hash algorithm agility as the COSE
X509 draft "x5t" parameter [1], I ran into a technical issue that I wrote
up in a ticket [2]. I realize that I just missed the COSE interim to be
able to discuss this, but I think this is a simple issue with (hopefully) a
simple valid/invalid disposition. If valid and it would be helpful for me
to submit a PR, please let me know.
Thanks,
Brian S.

[1]
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cose-x509-08.html#section-2-5.5
[2] https://github.com/cose-wg/X509/issues/46

---

From: Laurence Lundblade <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 11:47:03 -0800

+1

LL

> On Feb 8, 2022, at 7:01 PM, Brian Sipos <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> All,
> While attempting to use the same kind of hash algorithm agility as the COSE X509 draft "x5t" parameter [1], I ran into a technical issue that I wrote up in a ticket [2]. I realize that I just missed the COSE interim to be able to discuss this, but I think this is a simple issue with (hopefully) a simple valid/invalid disposition. If valid and it would be helpful for me to submit a PR, please let me know.
> Thanks,
> Brian S.
> 
> [1] https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cose-x509-08.html#section-2-5.5 <https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-cose-x509-08.html#section-2-5.5>
> [2] https://github.com/cose-wg/X509/issues/46 <https://github.com/cose-wg/X509/issues/46>
> 
> _______________________________________________
> COSE mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cose