Subject: Unicode identifiers in other RFCs (Was: Syntax

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:20:01 +0100

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:54:43PM +0100,
 Julian Reschke <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 34 lines which said:

> We are defining a *new* language here. For now, it's for use in IETF
> documents (which are ASCII only). That requirement may change. Or
> people may want to use it for different target documents, such as
> the W3C's, or OASIS.

Regarding *new* languages, I just noticed that the new ROHC-FN
language (a formal language, not a protocol, so it is close from
Cosmogol) says:

> ROHC-FN specifications are case sensitive and are written in the
> 7-bit ASCII character set (as defined in [RFC2822]) and consist of
> [...]

ROHC-FN is specified in draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13 which has
been approved by the IESG on the Standards Track (but not yet
published as a RFC).

_______________________________________________
Cosmogol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cosmogol

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:35:16 +0100

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

>| ROHC-FN specifications are case sensitive and are written in the
>| 7-bit ASCII character set (as defined in [RFC2822])
[...]
> ROHC-FN is specified in draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-13 which
> has been approved by the IESG on the Standards Track

That (RFC 2822) is a rather odd way to say "ASCII without NUL" or
"u+0001 up to u+007F"... <sigh />

Have fun in Prague, they've excellent beer there.  Do you have a
"Jabber room" for the BoF ?

Frank

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:31:51 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 04:35:16PM +0100,
 Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> Have fun in Prague, they've excellent beer there.

I've not been there since Gustav Husak :-)

> Do you have a "Jabber room" for the BoF ?

[email-masked]

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:07:36 +0100

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 10:31:51PM +0100,
 Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote 

> [email-masked]

Nobody before Barry Leida during the meeting noticed that "fsm" also
means:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster