Subject: [Ietf-not43] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt]

From: [email-masked] (Eric A. Hall)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:16:02 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3F74449C6CAC336B5DCEF9A0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

FYI, a new version of draft-hall-ldap-whois is available.

People who don't want to read the whole thing should focus on section 7,
since that is where all of the elements come together for the core
query-formation and referral-processing services.

 15.     Changes from Previous Versions 
      
    The following changes were made to the -00 version: 
     
       *   The "Objectives" section has been removed. [ir-dir-req] is 
           now being used as the guiding document for this service. 
      
       *   Several typographical errors have been fixed. 
     
       *   Some unnecessary text has been removed. 
     
       *   Figures changed to show complete sets of object classes, to 
           improve inheritance visibility. 
     
       *   Clarified the handling of reverse-lookup domains (zones 
           within the in-addr.arpa portion of the DNS hierarchy) in 
           the inetDnsDomain object class reference text. 
     
       *   Referrals now use regular LDAP URLs (multiple responses 
           with explicit hostnames and port numbers). Prior editions 
           of this specification used LDAP SRV resource records for 
           all referrals. 
     
       *   The delegation status codes used by the 
           inetDnsDelegationStatus, inetIpv4DelegationStatus, 
           inetIpv6DelegationStatus and inetAsnDelegationStatus 
           attributes have been condensed to a more logical set. 
     
       *   Added an inetDnsAuthServers attribute for publishing the 
           authoritative DNS servers associated with a domain. NOTE 
           THAT THIS IS A TEMPORARY ATTRIBUTE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY BE 
           REPLACED BY GENERALIZED RESOURCE-RECORD ENTRIES AND 
           ATTRIBUTES. 
     
       *   Added an inetGeneralDisclaimer attribute for publishing 
           generalized disclaimers. 
     
       *   Added the inetAssociatedResources auxiliary object class 
           for defining associated resources, and moved some of the IP 
           addressing and ASN attributes to the new object class. 
     
       *   Several attributes had their OIDs changed. NOTE THAT THIS 
           IS AN INTERNET DRAFT, AND THAT THE OIDS ARE SUBJECT TO 
           ADDITIONAL CHANGES AS THIS DOCUMENT IS EDITED. 

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                        http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/
--------------3F74449C6CAC336B5DCEF9A0
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

To: IETF-Announce: ;
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:09:37 -0500
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Internet Resource Query Service and the WHOIS 
                          Resource Schema
	Author(s)	: E. Hall, A. Newton
	Filename	: draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt
	Pages		: 88
	Date		: 12-Feb-02
	
This document describes an architectural framework for locating 
and retrieving information about network resources, using LDAPv3 
for the data-formatting and query-processing services. This 
document also defines LDAP schema and processing rules for four 
Internet resource types: DNS domains, IPv4 addresses, IPv6 
address, and AS numbers. The framework specified in this document 
allows additional documents to define additional Internet resource 
types and their handling rules.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-hall-ldap-whois-01.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--

--------------3F74449C6CAC336B5DCEF9A0--