Subject: [Crisp] RFC 3982 dreg1 error report

From: "Carl Taswell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 13:13:27 -0800

Thanks to Marcos for the reply. 

For Marcos and/or Andy, I have attached a copy of dreg1.xsd that I parsed
from RFC 3982. Other than non-substantive changes in white space on
re-formatting, the only modification that I made was the addition of the
attribute-value pair schemaLocation="iris1.xsd" to the import tag so that
iris1.xsd could be referenced by dreg1.xsd on the validation tests. I did
tests in both Stylus Studio and XMLSpy.

(1) Stylus Studio 2008 Build 1050d returned the following validation error:

dreg1.xsd:172,35: Duplicate element decl in the same scope: endsWith

(2) Altova XMLSpy 2008 sp1 returned the following validation error:

dreg1.xsd could not be validated because of an error in XML Schema/DTD (see
below)
	Element 'dreg:endsWith' is not consistent with element
'dreg:endsWith'

Please advise on recommended corrections for a revised version of dreg.
Thanks very much,

CT

-------------------------
Carl Taswell
Cel: 916-616-4939
Tel: 949-481-3121

_______________________________________________
Crisp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/crisp

---

From: Marcos Sanz/Denic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:23:26 +0100

Carl,

> Please advise on recommended corrections for a revised version of dreg.

thanks for bringing this out to our attention. The reason for that message 
is that the current definition of the group "partialMatchGroup" in 
dreg1.xsd violates the rule of consistent element declaration:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-1-20041028/#cos-element-consistent

I have just submitted the erratum to the RFC editor together with a 
suggested correction:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3982

Thanks again and best regards,
Marcos

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:36:43 -0500

> http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3982

What did I say about Marcos being a nice guy!  :)
Thanks.

Though, I seem to recall we took care of this before and somehow that  
edit was lost.

-andy

---

From: "Carl Taswell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:51:58 -0800

Yes, I originally reported it for dreg1 in October 2006 at a time when there
were drafts of dreg2.

Perhaps, the edit went into the dreg2 drafts but then those drafts
expired... and perhaps it was not simultaneously addressed for dreg1?

In any event, I'm glad to be of some assistance.

Carl

PS: My direct mail to Marcos has been rejected repeatedly because my ISP has
apparently been blacklisted as a relay for Marcos' mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Newton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:37 PM
To: Marcos Sanz/Denic
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Crisp] RFC 3982 dreg1 error report

-andy