Subject: [Curdle] draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info shepherd write-up/nits

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 15:02:11 -0400

Hi,

Thank you everyone for the reviews, and Denis for bringing the consensus
over this document. The draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info is almost ready to
be sent to IESG. I have found some minor nits to be addressed to complete
the shepherd write up.

The shepherd write up is available [here]. Feel free to comment in the next
few days.

nits:

section 1 Overview and Rationale

Could you please add the following sentence, to comply with the shepherd
writte-up:

This memo updates RFC 4252, RFC 4253, and RFC 4254.

In section 3.1.

"""In this extension, a server SHOULD enumerate ALL public key algorithms"""

I am fine with the text, but ALL is not a normative word. I will try to
clarify that.

I am also wondering if the reason for SHOULD instead of a MUST is not that
existing implementation do not follow the standard. If that is the reason,
having MUST may be preferred with the explanation following the
recommendation. RFC6919  MUST (BUT WE KNOW YOU WON'T) seems to me
appropriated for that.

Yours,
Daniel

[here]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ext-info/shepherdwriteup/