Subject: [Curdle] Protocol Action: 'Secure Shell (SSH) Key Exchange Method using Curve25519 and Curve448' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 08:55:25 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Secure Shell (SSH) Key Exchange Method using Curve25519 and Curve448'
  (draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-curves/

Technical Summary

This document describes the conventions for using the Curve25519 and
Curve448 key exchange methods in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol. 

Working Group Summary

The document had non controversy and had few reviews outside
the authors. However, the document is not controversial in nature, 
and mostly  describes a mechanism implemented in libssh and openssh. 

Document Quality

The protocol specified in the document is already implemented in
libssh and openssh.

Personnel

Daniel Migault is the Document Shepherd; Benjamin Kaduk is the 
Responsible Area Director