Subject: [Curdle] Protocol Action: 'Ed25519 and Ed448 public key algorithms for the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 07:21:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Ed25519 and Ed448 public key algorithms for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   protocol'
  (draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448-11.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more
Encryption Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-ed25519-ed448/

Technical Summary

 This document describes the use of the Ed25519 and Ed448 digital
  signature algorithm in the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

Working Group Summary

This is an uncontroversial document to update the protocol to support
some more modern cryptographic algorithms.

Document Quality

There appear to be two independent implementations of at least
the ed25519 support; ed448 is quite similar so problems with the specification
are unlikely.

Personnel

Daniel Migault is the shepherd of the draft.  Benjamin Kaduk is
the responsible Area Director.

---

From: denis bider <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 19:31:16 -0500

Very nice! I think this was the final major step - time for congrats, I
think? :)

As someone who supports this spec from the sidelines, thanks to everyone
who helped make it happen!

denis

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 9:22 AM The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Curdle mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/curdle
>

---

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 11:43:11 +0400

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:31 AM denis bider <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Very nice! I think this was the final major step - time for congrats, I think? :)
>

I also think so.
> As someone who supports this spec from the sidelines, thanks to everyone who helped make it happen!
>

Thank you for your support. And thanks for the chairs who kept
reminding me to keep working on the I-D :-)