Subject: [Curdle] FW: [saag] Interested in chairing a WG? Let us know!

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 17:19:03 +0000

Sending to the ACME and CURDLE working group lists via BCC.

On 3/2/21, 12:09 PM, "Benjamin Kaduk" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Dear all,

    The security area has been fortunate enough in recent history to have a
    solid pipeline of candidates for WG leadership positions, but we should not
    grow complacent and come to rely on that continuing to be the case!  Roman
    and I would like to have a pool of candidates to select from for any given
    position.  Such a pool lets us tailor the match between the position, and
    the skills and potential of the candidates in question.  I'm sending this
    note to help make sure we've got the broadest pool available.  If you are
    interested in chairing, or know someone interested in chairing, please
    email us privately.  (Co-chairing with an experienced chair is a great way
    to learn more about the IETF and how to work here effectively!)  Even if
    you think you're not quite ready but will eventually be interested, or
    cannot be a chair right now but will want to be in the future if time/work
    commitments change, please let us know that you're thinking about it as a
    possibility.  We can check back with you when an opportunity or three does
    arise.  (And of course, if you're ready to start tomorrow, we want to hear
    about that, too!)

    We'll also try to continue our practice of sending an open call for
    candidates to the WG list for which there is a vacancy, to catch interested
    parties that do not subscribe to [email-masked], but this seems like a good
    forum for a more general call for interest.

    Thanks, and looking forward to talking to you,

    Ben

    _______________________________________________
    saag mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag__;!!GjvTz_vk!D8QhQ6Y2R5TWYDWkdHu3n6P5O_TrQZxCbTSlIMKQg9weaZh0cxYXX_RYlmJ_$