Subject: [cuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-00

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:43:04 -0500

All,

Here is the updated mechanism draft, which replaces
draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-09.

     http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-00.txt

Some changes are the removal of the ISDN interworking to another
specification, and the addition of IA5 (International Alphabet Number 5
or ITU-T T.50) encoding, as this encoding is currently being used in
deployments today.

Comments are most welcome!

- Alan -

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-00
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 08:39:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked],[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui
Revision:	 00
Title:		 A Mechanism for Transporting User to User Call Control
Information in SIP
Creation_date:	 2010-09-16
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 11

Abstract:
The need for applications using SIP to exchange User to User
Information (UUI) data during session establishment has been
discussed.  Several approaches to transporting call control User to
User Information (UUI) data in SIP have been proposed.  As networks
move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this data can
continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability to
interwork with this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.  This
document discusses three mechanisms to meet the requirements defined
in the Requirements for SIP Call Control UUI document.  A new SIP
header field which bests meets these requirements is proposed.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:37:05 -0400

Quick comment about IA5:

Right now the syntax has the data value as a token. So when using IA5 
encoding the only things you can include are those that fit within the 
syntax of a token. So for use with IA5 its probably necessary to also 
allow the value to be a quoted-string as an alternative to a token.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 9/16/2010 11:43 AM, Alan Johnston wrote:
> From: IETF I-D Submission Tool<[email-masked]>
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss
>

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:34:05 -0500

Paul,

Thanks for the comment - this is a very good point.  I'll find out how
IA5 is being used today and ensure that the syntax supports quoted
strings and any other common method.

- Alan -