Subject: [cuss] Kick off for CUSS WG and virtual interim poll

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 08:40:57 -0500

Folks:

As you may have already noticed, the CUSS Working Group has been
officially created.

The approved charter has three milestones:

+ a problem statement document;
+ a specification document;
+ an application usage specification document.

Although the group is 1 day old, the problem has been discussed for a
long time now. The following individual drafts document most of such
discussions:

+ Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information
in SIP for ISDN Interworking, draft-johnston-dispatch-sip-cc-uui

+ Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN
Interworking, draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui

We would like to hear your views on having a virtual interim on
or before Sept 24, 2010*.  Based on initial discussions and the
outcome of the interim, we can decide whether to meet face-to-face
at IETF 79.

If you plan to send/update documents, or if you simply want to share
your opinion, please do so by the end of next week. We are running on a
tight schedule: virtual interim meeting need to be officially approved
two weeks in advance, and the cutoff date for requesting sessions for
IETF 79 is September 27.

Thank you,

Vijay K. Gurbani and Enrico Marocco