Subject: [cuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:38:01 -0400

All,

We have updated the call control UUI requirements draft:

     http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt

Comments most welcome!

- Alan -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui-reqs
Revision:        00
Title:           Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to
User Call Control Information in SIP
Creation_date:   2010-09-15
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 13

Abstract:
This document introduces the transport of call control related User
to User Information (UUI) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP),
and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.  Some SIP
sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP application.
This application may have information that needs to be transported
between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.  A common
example in another protocol is the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Service.  As networks move to SIP it is important that
applications requiring this data can continue to function in SIP
networks as well as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service
for end-to-end transparency.  This document discusses requirements
and approaches.  This extension will also be used for native SIP
endpoints implementing similar services and interworking with ISDN
services.  Example use cases include an exchange between two user
agents, retargeting by a proxy, and redirection.  An example
application is an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact
center.

The IETF Secretariat.