Subject: [cuss] I-D Action:draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:30:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : A. Johnston, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2010-11-08

This document introduces the transport of call control related User
to User Information (UUI) in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP),
and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.  Some SIP
sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP application.
This application may have information that needs to be transported
between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.  A common
example in another protocol is the ISDN User to User Information
Service.  As networks move to SIP it is important that applications
requiring this data can continue to function in SIP networks as well
as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service for end-to-end
transparency.  This document discusses requirements and approaches.
This extension will also be used for native SIP endpoints
implementing similar services and interworking with ISDN services.
Example use cases include an exchange between two user agents,
retargeting by a proxy, and redirection.  An example application is
an Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:48:55 -0600

All,

I have submitted the draft as discussed on the list.

The major changes, which I will discuss on Friday are:
- Editorial edits from Keith incorporated
- Removed Figure 5 Not Recommended Call Flow - may move to mechanism document
- Edits to REQ-2, REQ-4, REQ-7, REQ-8, and REQ-9
- Added new REQ-10, REQ-11, and REQ-12
- Rewrite of Security Considerations
- Two Open Issues identified in document

Comments are most welcome!

- Alan -

On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:30 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> <Mail Attachment>_______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:48:55 -0600

All,

- Alan -