Subject: [cuss] End of consensus call: Choosing a mechanism

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:24:20 -0600

Folks:

Pursuant to the discussions on the topic during the Beijing meeting [1],
the second virtual CUSS meeting [2], the consensus call on the
mailing list [3] and the resulting expression in favour of the header
approach, and the fact that draft-johnston-cuss-sip-uui is the only
candidate for meeting the charter milestone on a mechanism,
it seems reasonable to adopt it as an official working group item.

Future updates of the document will extend and refine the header-based
approach while text about alternate approaches will be moved to a
different section (or an appendix).

Enrico and I will like to give until Wednesday, Jan 19, 2011 for
anyone to express any residual concerns on moving ahead with the
header based approach.  After that, we will request Alan to submit
the draft as a working group document.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/cuss.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cuss/current/msg00138.html
[3] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cuss/current/msg00139.html

Thank you,

Vijay K. Gurbani and Enrico Marocco