Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:58:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Problem Statement and Requirements for Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP
	Author(s)       : Alan Johnston
                          Laura Liess
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2011-05-27

   This document introduces the transport of call control related User
   to User Information (UUI) using the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP), and develops several requirements for a new SIP mechanism.
   Some SIP sessions are established by or related to a non-SIP
   application.  This application may have information that needs to be
   transported between the SIP User Agents during session establishment.
   A common example in another protocol is the ISDN User to User
   Information Service.  As networks move to SIP it is important that
   applications requiring this data can continue to function in SIP
   networks as well as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service
   for end-to-end transparency.  This document discusses requirements
   and approaches to achieve this.  In addition, the extension will also
   be used for native SIP endpoints implementing similar services and
   interworking with ISDN services.  Example use cases include an
   exchange between two user agents, retargeting by a proxy, and
   redirection.  An example application is an Automatic Call Distributor
   (ACD) in a contact center.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-reqs-02.txt

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:33:34 -0500

All,

In this revision to the requirements and problem statement document, I
made minor edits to Requirements 8 and 13.

I believe the document is ready for WGLC.

- Alan -

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 12:31:07 +0200

Agree. We discussed the requirements several times and it seems that
there are no more comments on it.

Laura