Subject: [cuss] "package" vs "purpose" name in draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-04

From: Xavier Marjou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 15:50:00 +0100

Hi,

Regarding draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-04, one modification I would like is to
rename the “package” parameter name into “purpose” which existed until
draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-00. The goal would to allow compatibility with
already deployed implementations that are based on the draft-johnston
individual draft (draft referenced since a long time in 3GPP documents).
There would be no change regarding the semantics: the goal of the defined
parameter is to indicate the purpose of the application usage of UUI data
and this can be fulfilled by a parameter called “purpose”, in order to
indicate how and why UUI data is used.

Cheers,

Xavier

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:57:32 +0100

Hi all,

for sure a package is used for a certain purpose. So I agree with Xavier, for the solution itself it doesn't matter if the parameter name is 'package' or 'purpose', however the name 'purpose' would provide a certain degree of backward compatibility.

Regards, Martin

________________________________
Von: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] Im Auftrag von Xavier Marjou
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. Dezember 2011 15:50
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [cuss] "package" vs "purpose" name in draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-04

Hi,

Regarding draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-04, one modification I would like is to rename the "package" parameter name into "purpose" which existed until draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-00. The goal would to allow compatibility with already deployed implementations that are based on the draft-johnston individual draft (draft referenced since a long time in 3GPP documents). There would be no change regarding the semantics: the goal of the defined parameter is to indicate the purpose of the application usage of UUI data and this can be fulfilled by a parameter called "purpose", in order to indicate how and why UUI data is used.

Cheers,
Xavier