Subject: [cuss] [Gen-art] review: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-10

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 14:58:02 -0400

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at

<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-10
     A Mechanism for Transporting User to User
         Call Control Information in SIP
Reviewer: Joel M. Halpern
Review Date: 19-May-2013
IETF LC End Date: 29-May-2013
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document is nearly ready for publication as a Proposed 
Standard

Major issues:

Minor issues:
     The requirements discussions for redirection and referral (second 
paragraph of section 3, in regards REQ-3) includes what appears to be 
normative requirements on redirecting devices.
a) This would seem to belong in section 4 on Normative Definition.
b) It would seem that there ought to be some discussion of what happens 
with redirecting devices that do not understand this new UUI. (I presume 
things work, but I don't see how.)

Nits/editorial comments:
     In section 8.2, given that this is a WG document, should the "the 
authors believe" actually be "the WG believes"?  Or even, given IETF 
rough consensus on this document, "the IETF believes"?