Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 15:54:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP
        Authors         : Keith Drage
                          Alan Johnston
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2014-07-21

Abstract:
   The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting ITU-T
   DSS1 User-user information element data in SIP are described in RFC
   6567.  As networks move to SIP, it is important that applications
   requiring this data can continue to function in SIP networks as well
   as the ability to interwork with this ISDN service for end-to-end
   transparency.  This document defines a usage (a new package) of the
   User-to-User header field to enable interworking with this ISDN
   service.

   This document covers the interworking with both public ISDN and
   private ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG
   will also be addressed.

   The package is identified by a new value "isdn-uui" of the "purpose"
   header field parameter.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 22:58:54 +0000

A number of reviews have taken place in conjunction with AD review and IETF last call, and this document takes those comments into account. The changes are all relatively minor, and are summarised as follows:

      Additional text in section 4 added justifying why SIP(T) would not
      directly be a solution to this problem.

      Clarification added in section 5 to clarify that the limititations
      are the ISDN limitations.

      Terminology "data packet" changed to "UUI data" to align with
      [I-D.ietf-cuss-sip-uui]

      Contact added in IANA considerations.

      Text relating to comparision with feature tag removed from
      security considerations as the text was not understandable and the
      authors could not identify what it was originally intended to
      mean.

Regards

Keith

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cuss [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of 
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 21 July 2014 23:54
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09.txt
> 
> 
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the 
> time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are 
> available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> cuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cuss
>

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:02:16 -0400

Thanks, this is ready for IESG evaluation.
Alissa

On 7/21/14, 6:58 PM, "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>A number of reviews have taken place in conjunction with AD review and
>IETF last call, and this document takes those comments into account. The
>changes are all relatively minor, and are summarised as follows:
>
>

---

From: Atle Monrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:35:18 +0000

Keith. 

I have read through the draft and have a couple of minor comments that you may be able to take onboard at some point.

General:

It is not clear to me if the way this draft use the permutations of the term "user to user", i.e.  'user to user', 'User to User', 'User-to-User' and 'User-to-user' have any logic. If so, I'd be happy to understand it...

Page 3:

For UUS1 you are flipping between description of the terms 'UUS1 implicit' and 'UUS1 explicit' in the description

The text:

   UUS1:  User-to-user information exchanged during the setup and
      clearing phases of a call, by transporting User-to-user
      information element within call control messages.  This in itself
      has two subvariants, UUS1 implicit and UUS1 explicit.  UUS1
      explicit uses additional supplementary service control information
      to control the request and granting of the service, as in UUS2 and
      UUS3.  In UUS1 implicit, it is the presence of the user signalling
      data itself that constitutes the request for the service.  UUS1
      explicit as a result also allows the requester to additionally
      specify whether the parallel circuit-switched connection should
      proceed if the UUS1 service cannot be provided (preferred or
      required);

Is proposed changed to :

   UUS1:  User-to-user information exchanged during the setup and
      clearing phases of a call, by transporting User-to-user
      information element within call control messages.  This in itself
      has two subvariants, UUS1 implicit and UUS1 explicit.  
In UUS1 implicit, it is the presence of the user signalling
      data itself that constitutes the request for the service.  UUS1
      explicit uses additional supplementary service control information
      to control the request and granting of the service, as in UUS2 and
      UUS3.  UUS1
      explicit as a result also allows the requester to additionally
      specify whether the parallel circuit-switched connection should
      proceed if the UUS1 service cannot be provided (preferred or
      required);

To IMHO make it read better.

At last
Page 13.

May I suggest that you add Roland Jesske to the list of acknowledged reviewers. He has in my view also made a good job in the process of bringing the draft towards completion.

Thanks
/atle

________________________________

Atle Monrad
3GPP CT Chairman

Group Function Technology - Standardization and Technical Regulation 
Ericsson

-----Original Message-----
From: cuss [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of DRAGE, Keith (Keith)
Sent: 22. juli 2014 00:59
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [cuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-09.txt

Regards

Keith

> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at 
> tools.ietf.org.
>