Subject: [cuss] RFC 7434 on Interworking ISDN Call Control User Information with SIP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:38:14 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7434

        Title:      Interworking ISDN Call Control User 
                    Information with SIP 
        Author:     K. Drage, Ed.,
                    A. Johnston
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 39276
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cuss-sip-uui-isdn-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7434

The motivation and use cases for interworking and transporting User-
to-User Information (UUI) from the ITU-T Digital Subscriber
Signalling System No. 1 (DSS1) User-user information element within
SIP are described in RFC 6567.  As networks move to SIP, it is
important that applications requiring this data can continue to
function in SIP networks as well as have the ability to interwork
with this ISDN service for end-to-end transparency.  This document
defines a usage (a new package called the ISDN UUI package) of the
User-to-User header field to enable interworking with this ISDN
service.

This document covers interworking with both public ISDN and private
ISDN capabilities, so the potential interworking with QSIG will also
be addressed.

The package is identified by the new value "isdn-uui" of the
"purpose" header field parameter.

This document is a product of the Call Control UUI Service for SIP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC