Subject: [Dart] WGLC: draft-ietf-dart-dscp-rtp-02 - 5.1 DCCP corrections

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:36:39 -0400

Someone was kind enough to privately point out an embarrassing DCCP
thinko in Section 5.1:

   Unreliable datagram protocols (e.g., UDP, UDP-Lite, DCCP) are not
   sensitive to reordering in the network, because they do not provide
   reliable delivery or congestion control.  

That one's my fault - of course DCCP provides congestion control.  The
above sentence will be changed to:

   UDP and UDP-Lite are not
   sensitive to reordering in the network, because they do not provide
   reliable delivery or congestion control.

The DCCP reference will be moved earlier in the section - in this text:

   In addition, congestion control functionality in
   transport protocols usually infers congestion when packets are lost,
   creating an additional sensitivity to significant reordering - such
   reordering may be (mis-)interpreted as indicating congestion-caused
   packet loss, causing a reduction in transmission rate.

"(including DCCP)" will be inserted after "in transport protocols".

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------