Subject: [datatracker-rqmts] Draft -03 posted

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:39:07 -0800

As promised, I have turned in the -03 of the draft, <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-genarea-datatracker-community-03.txt>. The diffs are large, but here is the summary:

   Made the number of lists per person from "many" to "one".  This was
   done throughout the document, but is particularly apparent in 2.1.2.

   Resolved the "private or anonymous" question by making lists private,
   based on ownership of a Datatracker account.  This primarily affects
   2.1.3, which now also covers the requirement that private lists also
   have a public read-only component.  This change assumes that private
   lists are a requirement.

   Talked more about role-based lists, particularly in 2.1.4, making all
   those lists publicly-readable.

   Got rid of the requirement that lists can dynamically include other
   lists, making 2.1.7 a tombstone.  Also modified 2.2.3 and 2.3.2
   because of this change.

   Added two new open issues ("all drafts referenced by another list"
   and "liaison statements stream").

If everyone (or most everyone) is comfortable with those changes, we can move on to other big issues. Otherwise, let's get the number-of-lists and lists-within-lists issues settled first.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium