Subject: [decade] WG review of draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-01

From: Ning Zong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:25:13 +0800

(As a reviewer)

Just a few update suggestions:

1)       In clause 1, paragraph 5, it would be better to briefly introduce
what DECADE is before using this term. We can add some text before paragraph
5 as follows:

"In this document, DECADE is defined as a standard interface for various P2P
applications to access storage and data transport services in the network to
improve their efficiency and reduce the stress on the network
infrastructure."

2)       In clause 4, it would be better to explicitly clarify "DECADE" and
"IAP" in some places to reduce the potential confusion to new readers. We
can update some text as follows:

2.1) paragraph 1 changes to:

"The objective of this working group is to design DECADE, which mainly
consists of an in-network storage access protocol (IAP) to address the
problems discussed in the preceding section."

2.2) clause 4.1, the first sentence changes to:

"P2P application clients use the IAP protocol to read data from an
in-network storage, store data to an in-network storage, or remove data from
an in-network storage."

2.3) clause 4.3, the first sentence changes to:

"A user uses the IAP protocol to manage the resources on in-network storage
that can be used by other peers, e.g., the bandwidth or connections."

3)       In clause 9.2, we need to update the fourth reference to:

[I-D.ietf-ppsp-problem-statement] Zhang, Y., Zong, N., Camarillo, G., Seng,
J., and Y. Yang, "Problem Statement of P2P Streaming Protocol (PPSP)",
draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-00 (work in progress), October 2010.

BR,

Ning Zong

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:22:31 -0500

Hi Ning,

Thanks for your comments.  I will work with the other authors and do an
update of the draft based on your suggestions by early January. 

Sincerely,

Akbar

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ning Zong
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 3:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [decade] WG review of draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-01

(As a reviewer)

1)       In clause 1, paragraph 5, it would be better to briefly
introduce what DECADE is before using this term. We can add some text
before paragraph 5 as follows:

"In this document, DECADE is defined as a standard interface for various
P2P applications to access storage and data transport services in the
network to improve their efficiency and reduce the stress on the network
infrastructure."

2)       In clause 4, it would be better to explicitly clarify "DECADE"
and "IAP" in some places to reduce the potential confusion to new
readers. We can update some text as follows:

"P2P application clients use the IAP protocol to read data from an
in-network storage, store data to an in-network storage, or remove data
from an in-network storage."

"A user uses the IAP protocol to manage the resources on in-network
storage that can be used by other peers, e.g., the bandwidth or
connections."

[I-D.ietf-ppsp-problem-statement] Zhang, Y., Zong, N., Camarillo, G.,
Seng, J., and Y. Yang, "Problem Statement of P2P Streaming Protocol
(PPSP)", draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-00 (work in progress),
October 2010.

BR,

Ning Zong

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:25:58 -0500

Ooops.  Sorry, I just noticed that these comments were for the problem
statement and not the Survey.  I apologize for that so please just
ignore my response below.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Rahman, Akbar
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:23 AM
To: Ning Zong
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [decade] WG review of
draft-ietf-decade-problem-statement-01

Hi Ning,

 

Sincerely,

Akbar

(As a reviewer)

BR,

Ning Zong