Subject: [Detnet-dp-dt] criteria for dp alternatives

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:11:34 +0000

Folks,

Based on the recent discussion I came up with this "criteria list" for solution alternatives. I am still in a process of writing some into these sections what they actually should contain when collecting and describing the alternatives:

   2.  Criteria for data plane solution alternatives . . . . . . . .   3
     2.1.  Encapsulation and overhead  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   3
     2.2.  Stream identification . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   4
     2.3.  Packet sequencing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   4
     2.4.  Explicit routes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   4
     2.5.  Packet replication and deletion . . . . . . . . . . . . .   4
     2.6.  Operations and management . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   5
     2.7.  Time synchronization  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   5
     2.8.  Class and quality of service capabilities . . . . . . . .   5
     2.9.  Packet traceability . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   6

If you think some critical criteria is missing just post that into the list and I'll add that. The update of the draft skeleton will be updated during the weekend.

- Jouni

-- 
Jouni Korhonen, CTO Office, Networking, Broadcom Corporation
O: +1-408-922-8135,  M: +1-408-391-7160