Subject: [Detnet-dp-dt] Fwd: [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS on work on MPLS-TP protection"

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:23:26 -0500

Fyi

--- Forwarded message ---
From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: March 8, 2016 1:48:34 PM
Subject: [mpls] New Liaison Statement, "LS on work on MPLS-TP protection"
To: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>, Ross Callon <[email-masked]>, George 
Swallow <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], Multiprotocol Label Switching Discussion List 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], Ross Callon 
<[email-masked]>

Title: LS on work on MPLS-TP protection
Submission Date: 2016-03-08
URL of the IETF Web page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1462/
Please reply by 2016-05-16
From: "Hiroshi Ota" <[email-masked]>
To: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>,George Swallow <[email-masked]>,Ross 
Callon <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>,Deborah Brungard 
<[email-masked]>,Multiprotocol Label Switching Discussion List 
<[email-masked]>,Scott Mansfield <[email-masked]>,George 
Swallow <[email-masked]>,John Drake <[email-masked]>,Alia Atlas 
<[email-masked]>,Ross Callon <[email-masked]>,Loa Andersson 
<[email-masked]>,[email-masked],
Response Contacts: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Technical Contacts:
Purpose: For comment

Body: ITU-T SG15 wishes to inform the IETF mpls WG of an update to the 
ITU-T Q9/15 work programme to include a second amendment to Recommendation 
ITU-T G.8131/Y.1382 Linear protection switching for MPLS transport profile. 
This amendment will cover pseudowire protection based on Appendix A of IETF 
RFC 7771. The amendment is targeted for consent at the September 2016 
plenary meeting of SG15.

ITU-T Q9/15 has also been made aware of the initiation of work on MPLS-TP 
Shared-Ring protection (MSRP) mechanism for ring topology in 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection-00, and has consequently 
re-initiated work on draft Recommendation ITU-T G.8132/Y.1383 Ring 
protection switching for MPLS transport profile. As ITU-T Q9/15 intends to 
reference and be aligned with corresponding normative RFCs, we would 
appreciate your assessment of the anticipated completion date for 
draft-ietf-mpls-tp-shared-ring-protection as the target consent date for 
draft Recommendation ITU-T G.8132/Y.1383 depends on it.
Attachments:

    Liaison
    
https://www.ietf.org/lib/dt/documents/LIAISON/liaison-2016-03-08-itu-t-sg-15-mpls-ls-on-work-on-mpls-tp-protection-attachment-1.pdf

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls