Subject: [Detnet-dp-dt] quick notes from 3/7/17 call

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:32:46 -0800

Present:
  Jouni, Loa, Norm, Balazs, Janos, Carlos, Yuanlong, Pat

Agenda:
  Still on the FRER, framing and stuff.

Discussion:
  * We used Jouni's slidest as a basis (attached). Some statements
  were corrected during the call.
  * We agreed to the flow-id approach in the slides. It will still be
  documented in the draft that if a detnet aware PE can do the flow
  identification using the local-id / virtual label then inband
  flow-id is not needed. This needs to finalized in the WG. It was
  agreed that whatever the outcome is there is no optianality in a
  sense that flow-id would be optional. It is either part of PW
  encapsulation header or not.
  * We discussed the ordering of the detnet CW and the flow-id. Jouni
  just followed the existing practises and examples where the CW is
  always the first in the PW encapsulation header.
  * Some discussion around the content of the flow-id. It has 32 bits but
  we could do with less and use remaining bits to carry additional info.
  One example could be the "east - west" indication of the seqnum for
  ring topologies.
  * Jouni solicited for input to the draft. Also if one wants to be a
  front page author just add your name or send the info to Jouni.

NExt call:
  * No call next weel 3/14/17