Subject: [Detnet-dp-dt] Fwd: IETF 112 - Working Group/BOF/IRTF Scheduling

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:04:48 +0200

All,

I'm a bit split on what to request, one hour is a bit crowded, on the 
other hand we will have a lot of "joint-meeting-drafts" asking for for 
slots if we ask for 2 hours.

Maybe we should ask for two slots toe-to-heel, and use 75 min for MPLS 
f2f and 105 for the joint meeting. I don't think we will be allowed to 
run over the break, but there are ways to manage that.

/Loa

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IETF 112 - Working Group/BOF/IRTF Scheduling
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 14:33:29 -0700
From: IETF Agenda <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>

-----------------------------------------------------------------
IETF 112 – Online
Meeting Dates: November 8-12, 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------

We are now accepting scheduling requests for all Working Groups and 
Research Groups until Friday, September 24, 2021.
===========================================================
What’s New for IETF 112

The BoF wiki will no longer be used; BoFs may now be requested in the 
Datatracker. Please see the BoF section below for more information.

To accommodate the online meeting format, there will be two choices for 
session length: 60 minutes or 120 minutes.
Requests for more than two hours of total meeting time are discouraged. 
In special cases, you may request more than two hours of meeting time, 
but the IESG will likely request a rationale, and scheduling pressure 
may still make it impossible to grant any additional meeting slots. 
Please see this recent email from the IESG [1] for more detailed 
guidance on how to structure your session requests.
[1] 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/wgchairs/_x2nc9Xqa5i1U4SuEFs3eggTCyk/

===========================================================
How to Request a WG or RG Session

Requests to schedule Working Group or Research Group sessions should be 
submitted using the "IETF Meeting Session Request Tool." The URL for the 
tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/secr/sreq/

If you require an account on this tool, or assistance in using it, then 
please send a message to [email-masked].  If you are unable to use the 
tool, then you may send your request via email to [email-masked], with 
a copy to the appropriate Area Director(s).

As a reminder, the conflict list options are:

- Chair Conflict: to indicate other WGs the Chairs also lead, or will be 
active participants in the upcoming meeting

- Technology Overlap: to indicate WGs with a related technology or a 
closely related charter

- Key Participant Conflict (e.g., presenter, Secretary, etc.): to 
indicate WGs with which key participation may overlap in the upcoming 
meeting

The Special Request field will continue to be available for more 
specific needs, and Responsible AD conflicts are already taken into 
consideration. Please make sure you take a few minutes to check your 
conflict lists carefully!

===========================================================
How to Request a BOF

The BOF deadline is a little earlier than normal, on September 10. The 
intent of this earlier deadline is to allow BOF proponents time to work 
more closely with the IESG and IAB to develop their proposal before 
final approval determinations. If your initial proposal needs further 
work you may submit revised BoF proposals until September 24.
BOFs will NOT be scheduled unless the Area Director approves the BOF. 
The proponents behind a BOF need to contact a relevant Area Director, 
preferably well in advance of the BOF approval deadline date. The AD 
needs to have the full name of the BOF, its acronym, suggested names of 
chairs, an agenda, full description of the BOF and the information 
below. Please refer to 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/bof-requests/new/ for more information 
about planning a BOF. You will need a Datatracker account to submit a 
BOF request.

You MUST provide the following information before a BOF session will be 
scheduled:

a. BOF full name with acronym in brackets: b. AREA under which the BOF 
appears:
c. CONFLICTS you wish to avoid, please be as specific as possible:
d. Special requests:
e. Number of sessions:
f. Length of session: 60 minutes or 120 minutes

===========================================================
Deadlines
Cut-off dates are subject to change.

• 2021-08-12 (Thursday): Working Group and BOF scheduling begins. To 
request a Working Group session, use the IETF Meeting Session Request 
Tool. If you are working on a BOF request, it is highly recommended to 
tell the IESG now by sending an email to [email-masked] to get advance 
help with the request. • 2021-09-10 (Friday): Cut-off date for BOF 
proposal requests. To request a BOF, please see instructions at 
https://www.ietf.org/how/bofs/bof-procedures on Requesting a BOF.
• 2021-09-24 (Friday): Cut-off date for revised BOF proposal requests to 
Area Directors at UTC 23:59.
• 2021-09-24 (Friday): Cut-off date for requests to schedule Working 
Group meetings at UTC 23:59. To request a Working Group session, use the 
IETF Meeting Session Request Tool.
• 2021-10-01 (Friday): Cut-off date for Area Directors to approve BOFs 
at UTC 23:59.
• 2021-10-08 (Friday): Preliminary agenda published for comment.
• 2021-10-13 (Wednesday): Cut-off date for requests to reschedule 
Working Group and BOF meetings UTC 23:59.
• 2021-10-15 (Friday): Final agenda to be published.
• 2021-10-27 (Wednesday): Draft Working Group agendas due by UTC 23:59; 
upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool.
• 2021-11-01 (Monday): Revised Working Group agendas due by UTC 23:59; 
upload using IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool.

===========================================================

Submitting Session Agendas

Please submit the agendas for your sessions as early as possible using 
the "IETF Meeting Materials Management Tool," a Web-based tool for 
making your meeting agenda, minutes, and presentation slides available 
to the community before, during, and after an IETF meeting.  If you are 
a BOF chair, then you may use the tool to submit a revised agenda as 
well as other materials for your BOF once the BOF has been approved.

The URL for the tool is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/secr/proceedings/

Agendas submitted via the tool will be available to the public on the 
"IETF Meeting Materials" webpage as soon as they are submitted.

The URL for the "IETF 112 Meeting Materials" Web page is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/112/materials.html

If you are a Working Group chair, then you already have accounts on the 
"IETF Meeting Session Request Tool" and the "IETF Meeting Materials 
Management Tool."  The same User ID and password will work for both 
tools.  If you are a BOF chair who is not also a Working Group chair, 
then you will be given an account on the "IETF Meeting Materials 
Management Tool" when your BOF has been approved.  If you require 
assistance in using either tool, or wish to report a bug, then please 
send a message to [email-masked].

===============================================================
Area Director Contact Information

IETF Chair
Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>

  Applications and Real-Time Area (art)
Murray Kucherawy <[email-masked]>
Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>

  Internet Area (int)
Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Éric Vyncke <[email-masked]>

Operations & Management Area (ops)
Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Robert Wilton <[email-masked]>

Routing Area (rtg)
John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>

Security Area (sec) Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>

  Transport Area (tsv)
Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Zaheduzzaman Sarker <[email-masked]>

-- 

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Bronze Dragon Consulting             phone: +46 739 81 21 64