Subject: [Detnet] New Version Notification for draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01.txt

From: Emmanuel Lochin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 09:19:06 +0100

Dear Detnet subscribers,

FYI, a draft concerning the implementation of a scheduler based on a 
shaper presented by the TSN Task group (BLS : Burst Limiting Shaper) has 
been submitted as an independent submission. This mechanism has been 
discussed in the last IETF in Singapour and a presentation will be done 
in London during the TSVWG meeting.

Might be of interest for this group.

See below :

----

I have submitted a new version of the draft about a new scheduler: the 
Priority Switching Scheduler.

Comments are welcome!

Anaïs Finzi

A new version of I-D, draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Anais Finzi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler
Revision:    01
Title:        Priority Switching Scheduler
Document date:    2018-03-05
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        10
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01.txt 

Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01 

Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-01 

Abstract:
     We detail the implementation of a network scheduler that switches the
     priority of one or several queues.  This scheduler aims at carrying
     and isolating time constrained and elastic traffic flows from best-
     effort traffic.  We claim that the usual implementations with rate
     schedulers (such as WRR, DRR,...) do not allow to efficiently
     quantify the reserved capacity of the different classes.  By using
     this credit based scheduler mechanism called Priority Switching
     Scheduler, we provide a more predictable available capacity.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Emmanuel LOCHIN
Professeur ISAE
ISAE SUPAERO - Institut Supérieur de l'Aéronautique et de l'Espace
10 avenue Edouard Belin - BP 54032 - 31055 TOULOUSE CEDEX 4 FRANCE -
http://www.isae-supaero.fr
Tel +33 5 61 33 84 85 - Fax (+33) 5 61 33 83 45
Web : http://personnel.isae.fr/emmanuel-lochin/