Subject: [Detnet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-security-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 21:57:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking (DetNet) Security Considerations
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Ethan Grossman
                          Andrew J. Hacker
                          Subir Das
                          John Dowdell
                          Henrik Austad
                          Norman Finn
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-security-08.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2020-02-03

Abstract:
   A deterministic network is one that can carry data flows for real-
   time applications with extremely low data loss rates and bounded
   latency.  Deterministic networks have been successfully deployed in
   real-time operational technology (OT) applications for some years.
   However, such networks are typically isolated from external access,
   and thus the security threat from external attackers is low.  IETF
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) specifies a set of technologies
   that enable creation of deterministic networks on IP-based networks
   of potentially wide area (on the scale of a corporate network)
   potentially bringing the OT network into contact with Information
   Technology (IT) traffic and security threats that lie outside of a
   tightly controlled and bounded area (such as the internals of an
   aircraft).  These DetNet technologies have not previously been
   deployed together on a wide area IP-based network, and thus can
   present security considerations that may be new to IP-based wide area
   network designers.  This document, intended for use by DetNet network
   designers, provides insight into these security considerations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-security-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-security-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/