Subject: [Detnet] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 14:59:12 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-mpls/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[[ questions ]]

[ section 4.1 ]

* "The 16 bit sequence number is needed to support some types of legacy
  clients."

  Should there be a SHOULD in here about defaulting to, say, use of 28 bit
  sequence numbers?

[[ nits ]]

[ section 4.2.1 ]

* s/were the sequence/where the sequence/

[ section 4.2.2 ]

* s/as outlines in/as outlined in/

[ section 4.2.3 ]

* Maybe "are supported the" -> "support the"?

[ section 4.2.3.2 ]

* s/a service parameters/a service parameter/?

* s/provisioning or related/provisioning of related/

* Maybe "requirement for MPLS LSRs to that CoS LSPs do not"
  -> "the requirement for MPLS LSRs that CoS LSPs do not"

[ section 4.4.2 ]

* s/to to/to/

[ section 4.6.2 ]

* s/that maybe used/that may be used/

* s/can provided/can be provided/

[ section 5.1 ]

* "each of the service's outgoing DetNet (member) flow" ->
  "each of the service's outgoing DetNet (member) flows"

[ section 5.1.1 ]

* Perhaps s/may be provided discussed/may be provided is discussed/

[ section 5.2 ]

* Perhaps s/flow specific resources/flow-specific resources/

---

From: Balázs Varga A <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 06:49:18 +0000

Hi Erik,

Many thanks for your review. Regarding:

- Question on defaulting 28 bit sequence numbers: we do not wanted to make a default selection
as it is highly use-case dependent. Just some examples for the 16 bit. Legacy clients use 16 bits. 
IEEE 802.1 TSN defined a 16 bit sequence number for Ethernet networks, so in scenarios where 
interaction between TSN and DetNet domain is needed, the choice of 16 bit sequence number 
has many advantages. Many examples exists for 28 bit as well. Therefore no default defined.

- Nits: all accepted and updated

Thanks & Cheers
Bala'zs

-----Original Message-----
From: detnet <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Erik Kline via Datatracker
Sent: Monday, September 7, 2020 11:59 PM
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Detnet] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-11: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

[[ questions ]]

[ section 4.1 ]

[[ nits ]]

[ section 4.2.1 ]

[ section 4.2.2 ]

[ section 4.2.3 ]

[ section 4.2.3.2 ]

[ section 4.4.2 ]

* s/to to/to/

[ section 4.6.2 ]

[ section 5.1 ]

[ section 5.1.1 ]

[ section 5.2 ]

_______________________________________________
detnet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet