Subject: [Detnet] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip-06

From: Dan Romascanu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 02:49:34 -0700

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready

This is the OPS-DIR review for draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip-06. This
review is written to assist the OPS ADs to formulate their position in the IESG
approval process.

This document specifies use of the MPLS DetNet encapsulation over an IP
network.  The approach is modeled on the operation of MPLS over an IP Packet
Switched Network (PSN).  It maps the MPLS data plane encapsulation described in
[I-D.ietf-detnet-mpls] to the DetNet IP data plane defined in
[I-D.ietf-detnet-ip].

The document is clear and well-written. Section 5 (Management and Control
Information Summary) summarizes the configuration information required in order
to activate this DetNet mapping. Besides configuration no other management or
operations information is mentioned. It is not clear if there are no other
management or OAM information that should be considered, reviewing this once
more is recommended.

With the only observation about, this document is READY for publication.