Subject: [Detnet] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-detnet-flow-information-model-10

From: Nagendra Nainar via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 06:22:37 -0700

Reviewer: Nagendra Nainar
Review result: Has Nits

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts per guidelines in RFC5706.

Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Overall Summary:

This draft is an informational track document defining the flow and service
information model for Detnet (IP/MPLS). This draft does not introduce any
backward compatibility issues and any operational aspects may need more
attention while defining the relevant data model.

Overall this is a well written document. Few observations while reading the
document are listed below:

--> In Section 4.1, when the App-flow characteristics is defining N:1 mapping,
I am assuming that it can carry a mix (and so more than one entry) of FlowType
and DataFlowSpecification?. Can this be clarified?.

--> In Section 5.8b, "OutOfService: Administratively blocked" is used when all
the egress DN nodes are administratively blocked?. If some nodes are admin
blocked while others are not, does it need something like partiallyfailed?.

Few nits:

s/This document describes the Detnet Flow Service Information Model/This
document describes the Detnet Flow and Service Information Model?.

s/In a given network scenario three information models can distinguished/In a
given network scenario three information models can be distinguished

s/DetNetwork/DetNet