Subject: Fwd: [dhcwg] Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-03.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:16:53 -0400

Just to make sure our opinions about the WG last call on
draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-03.txt are known, please follow
up with comments to the [email-masked] mailing
list.  If you have no objections to the current draft, just
send an ACK...

- Ralph

>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:32:56 -0400
>To: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
>From: Mark Stapp <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [dhcwg] Re: draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-03.txt
>
>I wonder whether the lack of objections to this draft might be interpreted 
>another way. The rr is designed for use in networks where dhcp servers and 
>clients are updating A and PTR rrs as dhcp protocol interactions take 
>place. Since the dhcid rr doesn't have any special dns protocol semantic 
>significance, it doesn't raise any contentious issues for the dns server 
>community. It's not surprising, then, if the dns community doesn't have 
>much objection to the new rr.
>
>The dhcp community has a dependency on this specification, however, and 
>the use of this rr does have significance for us. Perhaps I've 
>misunderstood the point of the wg last call: I thought it was a way of 
>soliciting suggestions and complaints. I didn't realize that if no one 
>objected, that the draft would die. That doesn't quite make sense to me, 
>actually. In any case, I'm cross-posting this to the dhc working group 
>list in the hope that some of that group's participants will express some 
>support for this dnsext draft. If it dies, however quietly, the dhc group 
>will have to start designing dhcp-dns interaction specifications from scratch.
>
>-- Mark
>
>At 06:17 PM 10/11/2001 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
>> > Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:56:35 -0700
>> > this starts a two week wg last call on draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-03.txt
>> > for proposed standard.
>>
>>the wg last call has ended.  there seems to have been zero comment on
>>this draft.  unless i hear to the contrary, i will assume that no one
>>is sufficiently interssted in adding yarr, and we can let it die.
>>
>>randy
>>
>>
>>to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
>>the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>dhcwg mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg