Subject: [dhcwg] RE: draft-bakke-dhc-snmp-trap-00.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:41:34 +0200

So in your new proposal, how did/do users Joe and Bob get 
defined with their secret keys etc at the agent side?

Thanks,
Bert 
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Mark Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:55:26 -0500

I assumed that, when we get to configuring SNMPv3 security,
that the names "joe" and "bob" would be separately associated
with their keys.  I wanted to keep this particular DHCP
option scope to include the notification list, and the names
would reference keys configured somewhere else (perhaps another
DHCP option, but since I haven't seen encrypted DHCP, this
might not work).  In other words, I don't know, but I think
that if it was DHCP, it would be better as a separate option.

Any ideas?

-- 
Mark A. Bakke
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]
763.398.1054