Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #125 (XML 3315): Clarification of NotOnLink handling in the Reply message

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:24:08 -0000

#125: Clarification of NotOnLink handling in the Reply message

 During the review of https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-
 dhcpv6-stateful-issues/

 Jinmei raised an issue with this particular fragment:

 {{{

      When the client receives a NotOnLink status from the server in
      response to a Confirm message, the client performs DHCP server
      solicitation, as described in section 17, and client-initiated
      configuration as described in section 18.
 }}}

 Jinmei asks for the following clarification:
 {{{
 does this mean, if the client has bindings of
   multiple IAs, it should (effectively) abandon all of the bindings
   and establish new bindings for all of the IAs starting from Solicit?
   If so, it makes sense to me, but it's not really clear from the
   text, and I suggest clarifying that point.
 }}}

 This was copied with no change from RFC3315 so Bernie and myself think
 that it is more appropriate to deal with this in the Bis document, rather
 than stateful issues.

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:                     |      Owner:
  [email-masked]         |     Status:  new
     Type:  task               |  Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
 Priority:  P3 major           |   Keywords:
Component:  XML 3315           |
-------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/125>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>