Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #71 (XML 3315): Bakeoff: Clients: T1/T2 = 0

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 14:08:55 -0000

#71: Bakeoff: Clients: T1/T2 = 0

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 How about in the IA_NA option section, at or near the end, we add:

 If a client receives an IA_NA with T1, T2, or both set to 0, the client is
 responsible for determining the time. The client SHOULD set the time to
 permit renewal or rebinding before the lifetime has expired, however the
 client MUST avoid setting the time to a small value as this could result
 in a renewal or rebinding storm. This may be a case where the server is
 attempting to deprecate the address, such as for a renumbering event.

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P4 minor        |   Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/71#comment:2>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>