Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #68 (XML 3315): Bakeoff: Clients - Prefix Length of Assigned Addresses

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 19:39:09 -0000

#68: Bakeoff: Clients - Prefix Length of Assigned Addresses

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:   => [email-masked]

Comment:

 Assigned to Ted at 4/22/15 meeting:

 There was a very long discussion about addresses and prefix length on
 DHC list recently. The consensus remains unchanged, though. Addresses and
 prefix lengths are distinct concepts, but most APIs require specifying a
 prefix length when adding an address. The best would be to configure
 just an address, but if the OS API requires a prefix length, an address
 should be added with /128 length in that case. Ted will propose
 appropriate text in #68.

-- 
----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P4 minor        |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/68#comment:5>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>