Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #114 (XML 3315): Clarify what 'hints' means?

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:30:52 -0000

#114: Clarify what 'hints' means?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Please see draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue.

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/114#comment:7>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 15:11:59 -0000

At the 7/19/2015 (IETF-93) bis team meeting we are proposing:
 - For PD length, see the draft and we hopefully will adopt this work.
 - For lifetimes, we would prefer to deprecate them as this can cause
 issues if clients supply values that they shouldn't (such as what they got
 last time or the remaining time -- some v4 implementations).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/114#comment:8>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>