Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #69 (XML 3315): Bakeoff: Servers - What to do with IAADDRs?

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:19:56 -0000

#69: Bakeoff: Servers - What to do with IAADDRs?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 For the Solicit case the server can ignore the addresses included by the
 client because theses addresses are the hints. The server doesn't include
 the hints in the Advertise message (with zero lifetimes). We need to make
 sure that the text is clear about it after applying the stateful issues.

 For the Renew and Rebind case the client only puts the addresses in the IA
 if it has those addresses. The client is not allowed to include the
 addresses that it doesn't have, i.e. if the client is requesting new
 allocation in the Renew/Rebind the client includes an empty IA or it
 provides the IAADDR or IAPrefix option with a hint for lifetimes and
 prefix length (for the IAPrefix case), but with the address field set to
 0.

 The server being authoritative for the client sends the 0 lifetimes for
 the resources that it wants the client to stop using.

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P3 major        |   Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/69#comment:5>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 09:32:06 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:   => [email-masked]

-- 
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P3 major        |   Milestone:  B moderate, apply after merge
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/69#comment:6>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>