Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis co-author meeting minutes

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 14:35:12 +0200

This was a rather short call. Only Andrew and Tomek attended.

Tomek was busy with the dhcp software release and didn't do anything in
DHCPv6bis area. The release is now done, so hopefully he will have more
time in the upcoming weeks.

Andrew presented the status of #82: what to do with IADDRs with address
set to 0. The conclusion was that it does make sense to send IAADDR only
if there is some information in it, i.e. at least one field is non-zero,
be it the address or its lifetimes.

There was one outstanding problem of how a client client explicitly
request a new address. In Prague Ted suggested that using new iaid is
the way to. Andrew and Tomek had a discussion of what's the definition
of identity association and whether it should change over time. There
was no clear consensus here, so it will be pushed off to a new ticket,
so #82 could be closed. Andrew will bring this question to the WG
mailing list.

Andrew also considered whether using Scapy to test a couple of existing
implementations with how they handle address change requests would
provide useful data.

There is submission deadline upcoming (next Monday, 2015-07-06). Tomek
will upload an updated revision on Monday with whatever changes that
make it to the git repo.

Tomek

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 08:45:03 -0400

> This was a rather short call. Only Andrew and Tomek attended.

FYI, if you do the call with webex, I can't attend. My laptop runs chrome os, and webex isn't supported.

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 13:12:46 +0000

Thanks for note.

Did you have success with Jitsi? Hopefully you did.

- Bernie (from iPad)

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 13:41:03 -0400

> Did you have success with Jitsi? Hopefully you did.

Yes, jitsi works nicely on the chromebook.