Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #140 (XML 3315): Client uses information from the IAs that do not contain NoPrefixAvail and NoAddrsAvail status code

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 00:25:20 -0000

#140: Client uses information from the IAs that do not contain NoPrefixAvail and
NoAddrsAvail status code

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Sent confirmation email to DHC WG from IETF-93 discussion; no responses
 received - thus the resolution is as follows:

 Email sent on 8/10/2015 to DHC WG:

 As a follow-up from the IETF-93 (Prague) DHC WG session and the DHCPv6 bis
 Issues (see
 https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-dhc-7.pdf):

 For slide #6, Reply Processing (#140), we want to confirm the WG consensus
 to adopt the proposal to update the client’s Reply processing to process
 what is in the Reply from the server before acting on any status code
 option:

 Proposal: Restructure the Reply message processing to say that the client
 processes everything but the top level status code and then checks the
 status code and deals with it
 –       Process any IA_* options
 –       Process any SOL_MAX_RT/INFO_MAX_RT options
 –       …

 Please respond if you do not agree with this proposal and please indicate
 why.

 The rationale for this proposal is to assure that the client processes
 other information the server returned before acting on the status code.

 -       Bernie (for draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis coauthors)

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P3 major              |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315              |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |    Due Date:  05/02/2015
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/140#comment:3>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 00:38:27 -0000

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/140#comment:4>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>