Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #131 (XML 3315): Confusion on T1/T2 times (option values vs client renew/rebind triggers)

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 00:14:45 -0000

#131: Confusion on T1/T2 times (option values vs client renew/rebind triggers)

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Send confirmation email to DHC WG from IETF-93 discussion; no responses
 received - thus the resolution is as follows:

 Email sent on 8/10/2015 to DHC WG:

 As a follow-up from the IETF-93 (Prague) DHC WG session and the DHCPv6 bis
 Issues (see
 https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/93/slides/slides-93-dhc-7.pdf):

 For slide #5, T1/T2 Times (#131), we want to confirm the WG consensus to
 adopt the proposal to define T1 = T2 = valid lifetime to mean client
 should Rebind or Solicit when lifetime expires.

 Please respond if you do not agree with this proposal and please indicate
 why.

 The rationale for this proposal is to make it clear what a server sends
 when it is unable to extend lifetimes on a lease (and the remaining
 lifetime is ‘short’).

 -       Bernie (for draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis coauthors)

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/131#comment:2>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>