Subject: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #150 (XML 3315): Clarify client MUST drop option if not received in subsequent Reply

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 00:30:16 -0000

#150: Clarify client MUST drop option if not received in subsequent Reply

 When a client has received an option in an earlier Reply and then
 renews/rebinds/information-requests and that option does not appear in the
 Reply, the client SHOULD (MUST) remove that option from its configuration
 (it SHOULD (MUST) NOT retain the previously received value).

 This issue was raised by Ian Farrer at IETF-94 Hackathon. He also raised
 whether RFC 4242 (Information Refresh Time) should be added to 3315bis
 document. Answer likely: NO, as previously decided. But perhaps we should
 reference it.

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  task            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |  Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |   Keywords:
 Due Date:                  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/150>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>