Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #150 (XML 3315): Clarify client MUST drop option if not received in subsequent Reply

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 03:44:33 -0000

#150: Clarify client MUST drop option if not received in subsequent Reply

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Sent the following to the DHC WG mailing list on 11/9. As there was no
 follow up, assume that proposal is accepted:

 Hi:

 This is to confirm on the DHC WG mailing list our proposal to resolve the
 RFC3315bis Ticket #150 (Client Option Handling) by updating RFC3315bis as
 follows (see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/150 and
 https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/94/slides/slides-94-dhc-5.pdf for more
 details):

 •       Clarify that if client stops receiving “other configuration”
 option X in a Reply when requested, in general it should drop any previous
 configuration and “return” to its default state regarding that
 configuration
 –       Renew/Rebind
 –       Information-Request
 •       Option documents may specify other behavior for more complex cases
 (i.e., OPTION_DHCP4_O_DHCP6_SERVER)

 If you want to comment on this (or ask for clarification), please respond
 by 11/23. The RFC3315bis team will otherwise update the draft as per the
 above.

 Thanks.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/150#comment:1>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>