Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #81 (XML 3315): Bakeoff: Server: ORO

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 03:42:17 -0000

#81: Bakeoff: Server: ORO

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Sent to DHC WG the following on 11/9, but there was no follow up. Thus,
 we'll assume that the proposal is accepted by the WG.

 Hi:

 This is to confirm on the DHC WG mailing list our proposal to resolve the
 RFC3315bis ticket #81 (ORO) by updating RFC3315bis to handle the options
 specified in a client’s ORO as follows (see
 http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/81 and
 https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/94/slides/slides-94-dhc-5.pdf for more
 details):

 •       Protocol-required options MUST NOT appear in ORO
 –       3315bis will enumerate options which MUST NOT appear in the ORO
 (i.e., Client ID, Server ID, …)
 –       Will request IANA to add a column in option registry
 •       Other top-level options MUST appear in ORO or will not be sent by
 server
 –       Slight change from RFC 3315, which allows the server to send extra
 options
 –       Exception: options MAY be administratively configured to be sent
 on server
 •       Only container options MUST appear in the ORO:
 –       The server MUST send all options that are eligible to be
 encapsulated in that container, if that container option is requested
 •       Those options that are only encapsulated in a container MUST NOT
 be in the ORO
 •       Exception: The ORO can be used to signal support for a feature
 even when that option is encapsulated, as in the case of the Prefix
 Exclude option (RFC 6603)
 –       However, this requires special processing by the server

 If you want to comment on this (or ask for clarification), please respond
 by 11/23. The RFC3315bis team will otherwise update the draft as per the
 above.

 Thanks.

-- 
----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P3 major        |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/81#comment:5>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>