Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #147 (XML 3315): Document the process of acquiring of the client-forced "new" address and deprecation of the "old" address

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:22:39 -0000

#147: Document the process of acquiring of the client-forced "new" address and
deprecation of the "old" address

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Cover the IAs (IA_PD and IA_NA) in the top of Section 11.

-- 
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  P3 major            |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                      |    Due Date:  31/08/2015
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/147#comment:8>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 00:16:22 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Added the following to Section 11.

 "If the client wishes to obtain a distinctly new address or prefix and
       deprecate the existing one, the client sends a Release message
       to the server for the IAs using the original IAID.   Then the client
 creates
       a new IAID, to be used in future Request messages to obtain new
 IAs."

-- 
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  P3 major            |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                      |    Due Date:  31/08/2015
--------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/147#comment:9>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>