Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #137 (XML 3315): Move/rework sections 1.2/1.3 (& 5)?

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 18:05:37 -0000

#137: Move/rework sections 1.2/1.3 (& 5)?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 These sections are now 1.4 and 1.5. And, they should be updated to mention
 delegated prefixes, not just addresses.

 I'm wondering given Marcin's work on Ticket #142, whether we should move
 this material into section 17.0 as this gives a summary of operation?

 Section 17.0 already covers much of this (though it does seem to be
 missing the Information-Request/Reply case which is one key aspect of the
 2-message exchange). So, we could update with that.

 Note: My recollection of why the original RFC 3315 sections 1.2 and 1.3
 exist is because at the time people were challenging DHCPv6 for stateful
 address assignment and Ralph wanted to point out that it was a rare simple
 addition - even to stateless should 'other configuration' information just
 be needed.

-- 
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  E Editor issues
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/137#comment:4>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 19:27:52 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:  E Editor issues => C awaiting consensus

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/137#comment:5>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 15:30:37 -0000

During the 5/4/2016 coauthors call, this was discussed and the consensus
 was that working these sections (1.4 and 1.5) into section 17.0 seemed
 reasonable.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/137#comment:6>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 18:45:06 -0000

* status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Updated section 1.4 and 1.5 to include prefix delegation; decided to leave
 these sections where they were as there are references to them in section
 1.0.

 Updated section 17.0 a bit to include Information-Request/Reply exchange.

 Closing the ticket. If anyone feels that we should do something else,
 please reopen the ticket with comments (or feel free to rework yourself).

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  task            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/137#comment:7>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>