Subject: Re: [Dhcpv6bis] [dhcpv6bis] #158 (XML 3315): Inconsistent UseMulticast checks?

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 11:38:46 -0000

#158: Inconsistent UseMulticast checks?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Perhaps there is nothing we should do here, because section 15. Message
 Validation already says this:
 "   A server MUST discard any Solicit, Confirm, Rebind or Information-
    request messages it receives with a unicast destination address. "

 ?

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/158#comment:1>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 11:48:43 +0000

Perhaps … but this is DISCARD, not respond with Use Multicast. I’m OK if
we want to stick with that (as I don’t think Use Multicast is good for
Confirm).

- Bernie

On 5/4/16, 7:38 AM, "Dhcpv6bis on behalf of dhcpv6bis issue tracker"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]>
wrote:

>Ticket URL: 
><http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/158#comment:1>
>_______________________________________________
>Dhcpv6bis mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcpv6bis

---

From: "dhcpv6bis issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 12:43:25 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 We are OK as is and this ticket is being closed without any action.

-- 
----------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  task            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  P1 blocker      |   Milestone:  C awaiting consensus
Component:  XML 3315        |  Resolution:  invalid
 Keywords:                  |    Due Date:
----------------------------+-----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/ticket/158#comment:2>
dhcpv6bis <http://tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/>